Injured Katherine Webb Quits 'Splash', Louie Anderson Makes Brief Return
Another star has withdrawn from "Splash". Following Kendra Wilkinson's and Chuy Bravo's departures earlier in the competition, Katherine Webb announced on Tuesday, April 16 that she quit the show on doctor's advice due to injury.
"I went to the doctor, and unfortunately, he told me I'm out of the competition," the Miss Alabama USA 2012 told the audience. She tweeted later, "Thank you guys for all the support! Means so much. Love you guys."
With Webb's exit, there was a vacant spot on the show. Thus, recently eliminated contestant Louie Anderson was brought back on Tuesday night. He tweeted of Webb, "Ive really gotten to know Katherine Webb over the weeks we practiced together. She put all that she could into this, and she wanted to go on but she was truly hurt and in pain. And couldn't!"
However, Anderson's return was short-lived. At the end of the episode, he opted not to compete against Brandi Chastain in a dive-off after they both landed in the bottom two. "You know, I really went further than I ever thought I could. And I know I have very little chance of winning this competition," he explained his withdrawal. "And I am going home, and I am going to defer to Brandi because she has a chance to win this competition."
"Louie, you won our hearts the first time you took a dive. Tonight you have our hearts forever," host Joey Lawrence praised the former "Family Feud" host. Lawrence and co-host Charissa Thompson, who were fully clothed, then jumped into the water.
Earlier this month, Kendra Wilkinson also left the diving competition due to her fear of heights. Prior to that, Chuy Bravo withdrew from the show because of an injury to his heel.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'