Injured Katherine Webb Quits 'Splash', Louie Anderson Makes Brief Return
Another star has withdrawn from "Splash". Following Kendra Wilkinson's and Chuy Bravo's departures earlier in the competition, Katherine Webb announced on Tuesday, April 16 that she quit the show on doctor's advice due to injury.
"I went to the doctor, and unfortunately, he told me I'm out of the competition," the Miss Alabama USA 2012 told the audience. She tweeted later, "Thank you guys for all the support! Means so much. Love you guys."
With Webb's exit, there was a vacant spot on the show. Thus, recently eliminated contestant Louie Anderson was brought back on Tuesday night. He tweeted of Webb, "Ive really gotten to know Katherine Webb over the weeks we practiced together. She put all that she could into this, and she wanted to go on but she was truly hurt and in pain. And couldn't!"
However, Anderson's return was short-lived. At the end of the episode, he opted not to compete against Brandi Chastain in a dive-off after they both landed in the bottom two. "You know, I really went further than I ever thought I could. And I know I have very little chance of winning this competition," he explained his withdrawal. "And I am going home, and I am going to defer to Brandi because she has a chance to win this competition."
"Louie, you won our hearts the first time you took a dive. Tonight you have our hearts forever," host Joey Lawrence praised the former "Family Feud" host. Lawrence and co-host Charissa Thompson, who were fully clothed, then jumped into the water.
Earlier this month, Kendra Wilkinson also left the diving competition due to her fear of heights. Prior to that, Chuy Bravo withdrew from the show because of an injury to his heel.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones