Muse Offers Momentary Tribute to Boston During NYC Concert
English rock band Muse gave a momentary tribute to the city of Boston during their Madison Square Garden concert in midtown Manhattan in New York City Monday night. The rock trio gave a shout-out to the Massachusetts capital in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing attack Monday that killed three people, including an innocent eight-year-old boy.
Frontman Matthew Bellamy shouted, "This is for Boston!" as the band played an instrumental of the "Star-Spangled Banner". The touching tribute drew cheers from the jam-packed, sold-out crowd, who sang the lyrics to the U.S. national anthem despite having an overall feeling of nervousness that people in large crowded places as sporting arenas and concert halls generally feel following the horrendous attack.
Apart from that heartfelt gesture, the band also dedicated during their encore the song "Starlight" to the people of Boston and to all others affected by the shameless bombing that rocked the otherwise peaceful Boston Marathon. The event is an annual marathon held every Patriot's Day that attracts several hundred thousand spectators each year making it one of the world's best-known road racing events.
Muse's April 15 NYC show is the first of their two-night gig at the Madison Square Garden as part of their North American tour held in support of their latest album, "The 2nd Law", released last year. Bellamy, Dominic Howard (drums) and Christopher Wolstenhome (bass/backing vocals) opened the show with "Supremacy" followed by eight songs from their current album, four songs each from previous LPs "The Resistance" and "Black Holes & Revelations" and two songs from "Absolution".
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!