'Iron Man 3' Will Be the First Film to Play in 4DX Format in Japan
Marvel has the honor of having its upcoming film "Iron Man 3" presented in latest entertainment technology. The film will be shown in 4DX, operated by Korona World, starting April 26 at a theater in Nagoya, Japan. "It was really a matter of timing that Iron Man became the first title for 4DX in Japan," Tagiki Ishiguro, a spokesperson for Korona World, told The Hollywood Reporter.
Developed by South Korean company CJ Group, the system utilizes equipments in the ceiling that can drop bubbles down upon the audience. For experiencing the newest effects, one has to pay $13 for 3D version and $10 for 2D films. CJ Group is reported eying to equip 200 theaters in the United States with its system.
In other news, AMC Entertainment has refused to pre-sell tickets for the superhero film, which will hit U.S. theaters on May 3, following a dispute with Walt Disney Studios over box-office splits. "We do not have 'Iron Man 3' tickets on sale because we are still working to reach terms with Disney," AMC said in a statement. "We hope to reach agreement and get tickets on sale as soon as possible so it doesn't affect opening weekend."
The "Iron Man" franchise star, meanwhile, has a story to tell. In an interview with GQ, Robert Downey Jr. hinted that he might retire from the franchise.
"[The injury] got me thinking about how big the message from your cosmic sponsor needs to be before you pick it up. How many genre movies can I do? How many follow-ups to a successful follow-up are actually fun?" he said. "I come from a family of very innovative writers and directors and actors and artists...So there's this kind of legacy of souls...and I'm sensing a return to that."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed