Video: Selena Gomez Performs 'Come and Get It' on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Selena Gomez appeared on Tuesday, April 16's episode of the hit TV celebrity dancing competition "Dancing with the Stars" to perform her new single "Come & Get It". Her scorching song and dance number during the April 16 results show is the latest in a quick succession of live performances the 20-year-old entertainer has been doing in the past few days.
Gomez's "DWTS" performance more closely resembled that of her "Come & Get It" premiere live rendition at MTV Movie Awards Sunday night in California. From the differently colored but similarly Bollywood-themed outfits to the choreography, the singer/actress knew her awards ceremony production number complete with a full array of backing dancers would be more fitting for the dance show in contrast to its more subdued version she gave on Ellen DeGeneres' daytime show on Monday.
Gomez, wearing a Bindi once again, began her performance from the center of the stage, lying on the floor as the cameras took an aerial shot above her before she moved on to dance in sync with her dance crew. Her Bindi-wearing routine has drawn some strong reactions from the Universal Society of Hinduism, who regards the forehead accent as a religious and spiritual symbol and therefore should not be used by any artist for trivial musical performances such as that of Gomez. They demand her apology.
The "Spring Breakers" star is set to go on a 50-city worldwide tour to promote her summer album. It kicks off on August 14 in Vancouver, Canada and ends on November 27 in St. Louis, after Gomez makes her tour stops across Europe and North America.
More Selena Gomez News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences