Video: Selena Gomez Performs 'Come and Get It' on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Selena Gomez appeared on Tuesday, April 16's episode of the hit TV celebrity dancing competition "Dancing with the Stars" to perform her new single "Come & Get It". Her scorching song and dance number during the April 16 results show is the latest in a quick succession of live performances the 20-year-old entertainer has been doing in the past few days.
Gomez's "DWTS" performance more closely resembled that of her "Come & Get It" premiere live rendition at MTV Movie Awards Sunday night in California. From the differently colored but similarly Bollywood-themed outfits to the choreography, the singer/actress knew her awards ceremony production number complete with a full array of backing dancers would be more fitting for the dance show in contrast to its more subdued version she gave on Ellen DeGeneres' daytime show on Monday.
Gomez, wearing a Bindi once again, began her performance from the center of the stage, lying on the floor as the cameras took an aerial shot above her before she moved on to dance in sync with her dance crew. Her Bindi-wearing routine has drawn some strong reactions from the Universal Society of Hinduism, who regards the forehead accent as a religious and spiritual symbol and therefore should not be used by any artist for trivial musical performances such as that of Gomez. They demand her apology.
The "Spring Breakers" star is set to go on a 50-city worldwide tour to promote her summer album. It kicks off on August 14 in Vancouver, Canada and ends on November 27 in St. Louis, after Gomez makes her tour stops across Europe and North America.
More Selena Gomez News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign