Warner Bros. TV Denies 'Friends' Revival Rumor
There's no "Friends" reunion in the near future. There has been rumor circulating on the web that NBC plans to revive the popular sitcom, but a spokesperson for Warner Bros. TV, which produced the show, tells Zap2it the report is false.
An NBC source also denies the purported "Friends" revival plan, saying the story is "not true." Another insider additionally tells E! News that the network has had a talk about a "Friends" reunion, but there has been "no forward motion" on the idea.
Fans were led to believe that there would be a "Friends" reunion after a site called Star Media claimed that NBC had confirmed it would launch a new season of the Jennifer Aniston-starring series in 2014. A similar rumor surfaced last year, which was quickly debunked by Matthew Perry via his Twitter.
The latest "Friends" reunion rumor came hot on the heels of the release of "Friends: The Complete Series" Blu-ray box set on Tuesday, April 16. It includes all 236 remastered episodes, 17 hours of extras from the original DVDs and more than three hours of new bonus features.
Though a "Friends" reunion isn't happening, the stars have visited each other's shows in the past years. Matt LeBlanc once appeared on Lisa Kudrow's "Web Therapy", Kudrow has guest starred on Courteney Cox's "Cougar Town" and most recently Cox stopped by Matthew Perry's "Go On".
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech