Warner Bros. TV Denies 'Friends' Revival Rumor
There's no "Friends" reunion in the near future. There has been rumor circulating on the web that NBC plans to revive the popular sitcom, but a spokesperson for Warner Bros. TV, which produced the show, tells Zap2it the report is false.
An NBC source also denies the purported "Friends" revival plan, saying the story is "not true." Another insider additionally tells E! News that the network has had a talk about a "Friends" reunion, but there has been "no forward motion" on the idea.
Fans were led to believe that there would be a "Friends" reunion after a site called Star Media claimed that NBC had confirmed it would launch a new season of the Jennifer Aniston-starring series in 2014. A similar rumor surfaced last year, which was quickly debunked by Matthew Perry via his Twitter.
The latest "Friends" reunion rumor came hot on the heels of the release of "Friends: The Complete Series" Blu-ray box set on Tuesday, April 16. It includes all 236 remastered episodes, 17 hours of extras from the original DVDs and more than three hours of new bonus features.
Though a "Friends" reunion isn't happening, the stars have visited each other's shows in the past years. Matt LeBlanc once appeared on Lisa Kudrow's "Web Therapy", Kudrow has guest starred on Courteney Cox's "Cougar Town" and most recently Cox stopped by Matthew Perry's "Go On".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance