Warner Bros. TV Denies 'Friends' Revival Rumor
There's no "Friends" reunion in the near future. There has been rumor circulating on the web that NBC plans to revive the popular sitcom, but a spokesperson for Warner Bros. TV, which produced the show, tells Zap2it the report is false.
An NBC source also denies the purported "Friends" revival plan, saying the story is "not true." Another insider additionally tells E! News that the network has had a talk about a "Friends" reunion, but there has been "no forward motion" on the idea.
Fans were led to believe that there would be a "Friends" reunion after a site called Star Media claimed that NBC had confirmed it would launch a new season of the Jennifer Aniston-starring series in 2014. A similar rumor surfaced last year, which was quickly debunked by Matthew Perry via his Twitter.
The latest "Friends" reunion rumor came hot on the heels of the release of "Friends: The Complete Series" Blu-ray box set on Tuesday, April 16. It includes all 236 remastered episodes, 17 hours of extras from the original DVDs and more than three hours of new bonus features.
Though a "Friends" reunion isn't happening, the stars have visited each other's shows in the past years. Matt LeBlanc once appeared on Lisa Kudrow's "Web Therapy", Kudrow has guest starred on Courteney Cox's "Cougar Town" and most recently Cox stopped by Matthew Perry's "Go On".
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'