Warner Bros. TV Denies 'Friends' Revival Rumor
There's no "Friends" reunion in the near future. There has been rumor circulating on the web that NBC plans to revive the popular sitcom, but a spokesperson for Warner Bros. TV, which produced the show, tells Zap2it the report is false.
An NBC source also denies the purported "Friends" revival plan, saying the story is "not true." Another insider additionally tells E! News that the network has had a talk about a "Friends" reunion, but there has been "no forward motion" on the idea.
Fans were led to believe that there would be a "Friends" reunion after a site called Star Media claimed that NBC had confirmed it would launch a new season of the Jennifer Aniston-starring series in 2014. A similar rumor surfaced last year, which was quickly debunked by Matthew Perry via his Twitter.
The latest "Friends" reunion rumor came hot on the heels of the release of "Friends: The Complete Series" Blu-ray box set on Tuesday, April 16. It includes all 236 remastered episodes, 17 hours of extras from the original DVDs and more than three hours of new bonus features.
Though a "Friends" reunion isn't happening, the stars have visited each other's shows in the past years. Matt LeBlanc once appeared on Lisa Kudrow's "Web Therapy", Kudrow has guest starred on Courteney Cox's "Cougar Town" and most recently Cox stopped by Matthew Perry's "Go On".
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details