'Dancing with the Stars' Results Show: D.L. Hughley Is Out, Selena Gomez Wears Bindi Again
D.L. Hughley has become the latest star to be sent home from "Dancing with the Stars" season 16. The actor/comedian was voted off on Tuesday, April 16 after five weeks struggling to learn dance techniques.
"I've had a ball. I played with house money," D.L. said upon learning his fate. He went on thanking his supporters and his pro dancer partner Cheryl Burke, "Thank you team DL and Cheryl for keeping us in this long. I've had a ball," admitting that he would miss her.
D.L. was indeed criticized for his tango on Monday night, with Len Goodman saying, "It was like a decaf coffee, it looked good but it lacked that snap." He got 18 points from the judges, tied with Andy Dick for the lowest score of the night.
Andy, however, was deemed safe and will return next week along with Aly Raisman, Zendaya Coleman, Kellie Pickler, Jacoby Jones, Ingo Rademacher, Victor Ortiz and Sean Lowe. They all will dance to the music of Stevie Wonder. The remaining pairs will also dance in teams led by the two highest-scoring couples. One team will dance a paso doble to "Higher Ground" while the other will have a samba set to "Superstition".
The Tuesday results show also had Selena Gomez and The Band Perry as musical performers. The Disney-bred star sang her latest single "Come and Get It", wearing a bindi again despite criticism by Hindu groups in America.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie