'Leave It to Beaver' Actor Frank Bank Dies at 71
Actor Frank Bank, who played Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on classic sitcom "Leave It to Beaver", passed away on Saturday, April 13. He died one day after his 71st birthday. He is survived by his wife, Rebecca, daughters Julie Bank, Kelly Lightner, Michelle Randall and Joanne Littman, and five grandchildren.
A spokesman for Hillside Memorial Park in Los Angeles confirmed his death, but there is no further info in regards to where he died or the cause of death. Jerry Mathers, Bank's co-star on the popular series, wrote on his Facebook, "I was so sad to hear today of the passing of my dear friend and business associate Frank Bank, who played Lumpy on Leave it to Beaver. He was a character and always kept us laughing. My deepest condolences to Frank's family."
"Lumpy was the ultimate bully, but Frank was a very, very kind and gentle person and a very good actor to play it so well. The show was about all the people you knew growing up and throughout your life, and Frank brought that perspective to the show," Mathers told Los Angeles Times. The show ran from 1957-1963.
After the show ended, Bank kept making appearances on TV series including "Hollywood Squares" and "Family Feud". Bank, who studied tax-free bond and read The Wall Street Journal during his break time on "Leave It to Beaver" set, later became a stock-and-bond broker. His co-stars on the series, Mathers and Barbara Billingsley, were among his clients. Billingsley once told PEOPLE, "Frank is certainly brighter than Lumpy Rutherford, and a very good stockbroker."
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club