Aubrey Plaza Tweets Joke After Crashing MTV Movie Awards' Stage
Aubrey Plaza has sort of confirmed that she took inspiration from Kanye West in her stage-crashing stunt at the 22nd annual MTV Movie Awards last Sunday night, April 14. She took to Twitter to break her silence after trying to steal Will Ferrell's Golden Popcorn.
"Thanks for the advice @kanyewest went better than planned!" the 28-year-old actress made fun of herself Monday, one day after the awards show was televised live. The "Parks and Recreation" star added with hashtags, "#mtvmovieawards #chrisbosh #thesecret."
A barefooted Plaza wearing a strapless mini dress jumped on to the stage when Ferrell was in the middle of delivering his acceptance speech after collecting Comedic Genius Award. With a glass of drink in one hand, she tried to snatch his trophy but he didn't let it go.
Plaza retreated to her seat after failing to take the prize from Ferrell, but the "Casa de mi Padre" actor, ever the comedian, cracked a joke at her expense, "Aubrey Plaza, everyone. Just like we rehearsed it. Perfect, it was perfect. Not too long, not too short. Right on the money."
"I think she wanted to tell me something important, but there was no message," he later said backstage. "It was just a lot of hot liquor breath. And then ... and a little bit of sweat. And then she ran away. But the ship sailed on."
MTV was allegedly not happy with her stunt and asked her to leave the show afterwards.
Four years ago, Kanye shocked the star-studded crowd at the MTV Video Music Awards when he suddenly grabbed Taylor Swift's mic when she won Best Female Video. He said Beyonce Knowles had "one of the best videos of all time."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris