Danny Woodburn Cast as Splinter in 'Ninja Turtles' Reboot
"Ninja Turtles", the Michael Bay-produced reboot, has signed "Watchmen" actor Danny Woodburn to join its cast ensemble. The 48-year-old comedian is tapped to play Master Splinter, the mutated rat guru of the four ninja turtles Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo.
Woodburn, who actively advocates for disabled and little people issues, will team up with four actors that have been on board the project to play the Master's pupils, including Pete Ploszek (Leonardo), Jeremy Howard (Donatello), Alan Ritchson (Raphael) and Noel Fisher (Michelangelo).
Additionally, the Jonathan Liebesman-directed film, which is penned by Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, and Evan Daugherty, will feature Megan Fox as April O'Neil and Will Arnett in an unspecified role.
At the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday, April 14, Ritchson, who previously acted on TV series "Smallville" and "Blue Mountain State", revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that the film had "a lot of technology involved" and made him and his co-stars learn "a lot of the fight choreography."
He admitted that being involved in this project had put him under pressure. "The frustrating thing for me since I've signed on is that you hear that it's already got a reputation," he told. "You want to tell everybody how great it is, and you can't really say why, but it is."
The Paramount film is set to be released in the United States on June 6, 2014.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'