Captain Kirk Lives Up to His Reputation in New 'Star Trek Into Darkness' TV Spot
"Star Trek Into Darkness" debuts a new TV spot via MTV. Previewing brief glances at the characters and the situations they get engaged in, the video features a new scene of Carol Marcus, played by Alice Eve, and Captain Kirk, portrayed by Chris Pine, getting in a short conversation.
As Marcus says to Kirk, "You have a reputation," the commanding officer of the Starship Enterprise then replies, "I have a reputation," while boarding a Starfleet Shuttle. The clip later leads fans to see Kirk piloting a spacecraft, engaging in a fight, and asking Harrison, "Are you coming with me or not?"
In addition to the new TV spot, the sequel to 2009's "Star Trek" unveils new character poster that features Zachary Quinto as Commander Spock. Spock is seen bathing in hot lava while closing his eyes. A poster of Zoe Saldana as Lieutenant Nyota Uhura and a poster of four characters have previously made their ways online.
"Star Trek Into Dakness" centers on Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise, who are tasked with leading the deadly manhunt to capture the party responsible and settle an old score.
Written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Bruce Greenwood and Damon Lindelof, the twelfth installment in the science fiction film franchise is directed by J.J. Abrams. The film, which also stars Simon Pegg and John Cho, is ready to hit U.S. theaters on May 17.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues