Captain Kirk Lives Up to His Reputation in New 'Star Trek Into Darkness' TV Spot
"Star Trek Into Darkness" debuts a new TV spot via MTV. Previewing brief glances at the characters and the situations they get engaged in, the video features a new scene of Carol Marcus, played by Alice Eve, and Captain Kirk, portrayed by Chris Pine, getting in a short conversation.
As Marcus says to Kirk, "You have a reputation," the commanding officer of the Starship Enterprise then replies, "I have a reputation," while boarding a Starfleet Shuttle. The clip later leads fans to see Kirk piloting a spacecraft, engaging in a fight, and asking Harrison, "Are you coming with me or not?"
In addition to the new TV spot, the sequel to 2009's "Star Trek" unveils new character poster that features Zachary Quinto as Commander Spock. Spock is seen bathing in hot lava while closing his eyes. A poster of Zoe Saldana as Lieutenant Nyota Uhura and a poster of four characters have previously made their ways online.
"Star Trek Into Dakness" centers on Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise, who are tasked with leading the deadly manhunt to capture the party responsible and settle an old score.
Written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Bruce Greenwood and Damon Lindelof, the twelfth installment in the science fiction film franchise is directed by J.J. Abrams. The film, which also stars Simon Pegg and John Cho, is ready to hit U.S. theaters on May 17.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified