Artist of the Week: Florida Georgia Line
Florida Georgia Line could potentially be the next big thing in country music. Composed of Brian Kelley (from Ormond Beach, Florida) and Tyler Hubbard (from Monroe, Georgia), the duo has already climbed as high as No. 1 on U.S. Country Songs and Airplay charts with their 2012 single "Cruise".
In a follow-up single "Get Your Shine On", Kelly and Hubbard soared once again proving that they were not a one-hit wonder. Through the second single off their first full-length album "Here's to the Good Times", they reached the top 10 on the charts peaking at No. 5 and No. 8 on the Songs and Airplay charts respectively.
The fact that their album broke into Billboard Hot 200 sweetened their emerging success. Preceded by two mini albums, "Anything Like Me [EP]" and "It'z Just What We Do [EP]", "Here's to the Good Times" reached No. 7 on the U.S. album chart and managed to climb to the second spot on Country Albums rundown.
The important thing that made them proud the most was they achieved their success in their own before signing a deal with a major label. "The one thing that set us apart and made us able to sell over 100,000 copies of 'Cruise' before we had a deal with Republic," Hubbard gushed, "was the fact that we did work hard."
He went on, "Instead of looking for a deal, we were looking for fans. So we went out there for two years and just did show after show. We knew that when the fans were there the labels would be there and that's exactly what happened. That's what set us apart, and that's what led us to the best team in Nashville."
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof