MTV Movie Awards 2013: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Perform 'Can't Hold Us'
The funky pair of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis brought their usual high-octane live performance to the 2013 MTV Movie Awards Sunday night at the Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California. The "Thrift Shop" hitmakers debuted their new single "Can't Hold Us" during the star-studded ceremony, the latest track to come off their gold-certified album "The Heist" released in 2012.
After being introduced by no less than gangster rapper Snoop Dogg "reincarnated" as reggae artist Snoop Lion, Macklemore appeared onstage wearing his tassle-embellished, yellow-trimmed blue ensemble. He worked up the crowd as a sombrero-wearing, trumpet-bearing guy trailed him onstage before R 'n' B/gospel singer Ray Dalton emerged to join him for the hook.
In his black get-up, Dalton, backed by two dancers behind him, offset Macklemore's intense energy with a less frantic crooning as he sang impeccably in front of large screens showing a ship forging through turbulent seas. Midway through his performance, Seattle rapper Macklemore dropped his striking blue suit, revealing beneath it a fitted leather shirt, but he didn't remove any more clothing after that, despite some earlier teasing backstage of some nudity during his special rap number.
"There's not gonna be frontal nudity. Not frontal," Macklemore shared during the rehearsals about his potentially shocking plans, but he might have apparently become shy to do so in front of the rocking crowd. "I was trying to get a little dry-hump session on with Kerry Washington and Jamie Foxx. I think I got shut down on that too."
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards