Video: 'SNL' Spoofs Brad Paisley and LL Cool J's Reaction to 'Accidental Racist' Controversy
"Saturday Night Live" poked fun at the controversy regarding Brad Paisley and LL Cool J's "Accidental Racist". While the real artists had come out with their defense of the song, Jason Sudeikis and Kenan Thompson played the unlikely duo on April 13 to deliver their own version of the reaction to the criticism.
"Country music is about stories. So what I wanted to do was show folks the gritty racial reality of a man in Starbucks talkin' to his barista," Sudeikis' Paisley said in "Weekend Update". Thompson's Cool J then admitted, "And I wanted to tell the story of a rapper, you know what I'm sayin', who needs to get his name out there because he has a new album about to drop."
When Sudeikis tried to explain the song as saying, "We know the song's not perfect," Thompson added, "It's not even good! I mean musically or lyrically. All we're trying to do is start a conversation."
When Seth Green asked them about the lyrics "if you don't judge my gold chains I'll forget the iron chains," Thompson said he didn't remember the part, claiming it sounded completely different when he sang it into his computer. They later insisted on singing additional lyrics that didn't make it onto the final cut.
Hosted by Vince Vaughn, the latest episode of "SNL" also parodied the progress of gun control debate in Senate. Jay Pharoah portrayed President Obama, saying, "I am so excited to announce that this week the Senate voted 68 to 31 to begin debating the idea of discussing gun control."
During the April 13 broadcast, it was also announced that Zach Galifianakis would return as host on May 4 since he last hosted the show in 2011. Of Monsters and Men is tapped as the musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'