Video: 'SNL' Spoofs Brad Paisley and LL Cool J's Reaction to 'Accidental Racist' Controversy
"Saturday Night Live" poked fun at the controversy regarding Brad Paisley and LL Cool J's "Accidental Racist". While the real artists had come out with their defense of the song, Jason Sudeikis and Kenan Thompson played the unlikely duo on April 13 to deliver their own version of the reaction to the criticism.
"Country music is about stories. So what I wanted to do was show folks the gritty racial reality of a man in Starbucks talkin' to his barista," Sudeikis' Paisley said in "Weekend Update". Thompson's Cool J then admitted, "And I wanted to tell the story of a rapper, you know what I'm sayin', who needs to get his name out there because he has a new album about to drop."
When Sudeikis tried to explain the song as saying, "We know the song's not perfect," Thompson added, "It's not even good! I mean musically or lyrically. All we're trying to do is start a conversation."
When Seth Green asked them about the lyrics "if you don't judge my gold chains I'll forget the iron chains," Thompson said he didn't remember the part, claiming it sounded completely different when he sang it into his computer. They later insisted on singing additional lyrics that didn't make it onto the final cut.
Hosted by Vince Vaughn, the latest episode of "SNL" also parodied the progress of gun control debate in Senate. Jay Pharoah portrayed President Obama, saying, "I am so excited to announce that this week the Senate voted 68 to 31 to begin debating the idea of discussing gun control."
During the April 13 broadcast, it was also announced that Zach Galifianakis would return as host on May 4 since he last hosted the show in 2011. Of Monsters and Men is tapped as the musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy