Video Premiere: Frank Ocean's 'Lost'
It's been a while since Grammy Award-winning R 'n' B artist Frank Ocean has released a music video since "Pyramids", so he unveils a new one for "Lost", another track off his album "Channel Orange". The 25-year-old singer/songwriter posted on his Tumblr the travelogue visuals for the once controversy-involved single off his critically-acclaimed album.
The almost three-minute clip is a split-screen documentary on his travels around the world from last summer, as he performs across the globe, riding on the wave of the smashing success of his debut studio album Channel Orange. Director Francisco Soriano gave it the sepia-toned, Instagram treatment as it also shows Ocean putting in the hours in a recording studio and hanging out with his Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All crew.
The travelogue allows Ocean's fans a glimpse into the hectic life he lived for the past year and a half, trekking across the globe to such places as Paris, Tokyo and Egypt. It shows him moving through airports, walking along busy streets and riding on cars in between his sold-out, jam-packed shows.
The release of the video comes a month after the song was involved in a lawsuit filed by producer and songwriter Micah Otano against Ocean, record labels Def Jam and Universal and record producer Malay who allegedly copied his song "Daylight". Supposedly, Malay took Otano's composition and re-named it as "Lost" when it appeared in Ocean's LP.
More Frank Ocean News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked