Video Premiere: Frank Ocean's 'Lost'
It's been a while since Grammy Award-winning R 'n' B artist Frank Ocean has released a music video since "Pyramids", so he unveils a new one for "Lost", another track off his album "Channel Orange". The 25-year-old singer/songwriter posted on his Tumblr the travelogue visuals for the once controversy-involved single off his critically-acclaimed album.
The almost three-minute clip is a split-screen documentary on his travels around the world from last summer, as he performs across the globe, riding on the wave of the smashing success of his debut studio album Channel Orange. Director Francisco Soriano gave it the sepia-toned, Instagram treatment as it also shows Ocean putting in the hours in a recording studio and hanging out with his Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All crew.
The travelogue allows Ocean's fans a glimpse into the hectic life he lived for the past year and a half, trekking across the globe to such places as Paris, Tokyo and Egypt. It shows him moving through airports, walking along busy streets and riding on cars in between his sold-out, jam-packed shows.
The release of the video comes a month after the song was involved in a lawsuit filed by producer and songwriter Micah Otano against Ocean, record labels Def Jam and Universal and record producer Malay who allegedly copied his song "Daylight". Supposedly, Malay took Otano's composition and re-named it as "Lost" when it appeared in Ocean's LP.
Frank Ocean's "Lost" music video
More Frank Ocean News
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'