Video Premiere: Frank Ocean's 'Lost'
It's been a while since Grammy Award-winning R 'n' B artist Frank Ocean has released a music video since "Pyramids", so he unveils a new one for "Lost", another track off his album "Channel Orange". The 25-year-old singer/songwriter posted on his Tumblr the travelogue visuals for the once controversy-involved single off his critically-acclaimed album.
The almost three-minute clip is a split-screen documentary on his travels around the world from last summer, as he performs across the globe, riding on the wave of the smashing success of his debut studio album Channel Orange. Director Francisco Soriano gave it the sepia-toned, Instagram treatment as it also shows Ocean putting in the hours in a recording studio and hanging out with his Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All crew.
The travelogue allows Ocean's fans a glimpse into the hectic life he lived for the past year and a half, trekking across the globe to such places as Paris, Tokyo and Egypt. It shows him moving through airports, walking along busy streets and riding on cars in between his sold-out, jam-packed shows.
The release of the video comes a month after the song was involved in a lawsuit filed by producer and songwriter Micah Otano against Ocean, record labels Def Jam and Universal and record producer Malay who allegedly copied his song "Daylight". Supposedly, Malay took Otano's composition and re-named it as "Lost" when it appeared in Ocean's LP.
More Frank Ocean News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake