'Mortal Instruments' Prequel Already in Development
Constantin Films is moving forward with the development of the prequel to "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" although the film does not open yet until August 23. Based on Cassandra Clare's book series, "The Infernal Devices" is penned by Stephanie Sanditz.
Unlike "City of Bones" which is set in modern New York City, "Infernal Devices" will take fans to Victorian era in England. The film follows a new teen girl named Tessa, who is "plunged into a journey of adventure and self-discovery" and centers on the battle between Shadowhunters and Downworlders.
The production company is reportedly still in search for the helmer of the second film. It is also unknown whether the film will be named after the first book of the novel series like "Mortal Companies: City of Bones". The prequel series has three books, "Clockwork Angel", "Clockwork Prince" and "Clockwork Princess".
"City of Bones" centers on fifteen-year-old Clary Fray, who learns that she is a Shadowhunter like her mother. Lily Collins is cast to play the lead role, starring opposite Jamie Campbell Bower who plays Jace. Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Lena Headey, Kevin Zegers and Jared Harris also join the cast ensemble of the action fantasy film.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush