'Mortal Instruments' Prequel Already in Development
Constantin Films is moving forward with the development of the prequel to "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" although the film does not open yet until August 23. Based on Cassandra Clare's book series, "The Infernal Devices" is penned by Stephanie Sanditz.
Unlike "City of Bones" which is set in modern New York City, "Infernal Devices" will take fans to Victorian era in England. The film follows a new teen girl named Tessa, who is "plunged into a journey of adventure and self-discovery" and centers on the battle between Shadowhunters and Downworlders.
The production company is reportedly still in search for the helmer of the second film. It is also unknown whether the film will be named after the first book of the novel series like "Mortal Companies: City of Bones". The prequel series has three books, "Clockwork Angel", "Clockwork Prince" and "Clockwork Princess".
"City of Bones" centers on fifteen-year-old Clary Fray, who learns that she is a Shadowhunter like her mother. Lily Collins is cast to play the lead role, starring opposite Jamie Campbell Bower who plays Jace. Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Lena Headey, Kevin Zegers and Jared Harris also join the cast ensemble of the action fantasy film.
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl