First Look at Eva Green as Artemisia in '300: Rise of an Empire'
The new image of Noam Murro's upcoming film "300: Rise of an Empire" has been unveiled in Entertainment Weekly magazine. The photo captures the first look at French actress Eva Green, as Persian general Artemisia. The female commander seems ready to battle as she gets herself suited up and male warriors are seen lining up behind her.
When asked about her character, Green says that she is not a goddess or a power-hungry seductress as rumored before. "She was commander on a boat, of a whole Armada," she says. "She's a very ballsy character, she's almost like a man, so that's fun." Murro also shares the details about the fierce general, saying, "She's got sex appeal, she's ruthless and conniving. All the things that kill men."
The spin-off to 2006's "300" centers on the clash between the Persians and the Greeks, led by admiral Themistokles. Artemisia, who is Xerxes' second-in-command, marches her army to seek revenge for her family's death. About the Athenian admiral which is played by Sullivan Stapleton, Green says, "He's my archenemy, but there's a very strong attraction. If they'd been in another kind of situation, it might have been a romantic story."
Based on Frank Miller's "Xerxes", the film is penned by Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad, Michael B. Gordon, and accompanied by Tyler Bates' score. Rodrigo Santoro portrays King Xerxes while Lena Headey plays Queen Gorgo of Sparta. The action film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on August 2.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise