First Look at Eva Green as Artemisia in '300: Rise of an Empire'
The new image of Noam Murro's upcoming film "300: Rise of an Empire" has been unveiled in Entertainment Weekly magazine. The photo captures the first look at French actress Eva Green, as Persian general Artemisia. The female commander seems ready to battle as she gets herself suited up and male warriors are seen lining up behind her.
When asked about her character, Green says that she is not a goddess or a power-hungry seductress as rumored before. "She was commander on a boat, of a whole Armada," she says. "She's a very ballsy character, she's almost like a man, so that's fun." Murro also shares the details about the fierce general, saying, "She's got sex appeal, she's ruthless and conniving. All the things that kill men."
The spin-off to 2006's "300" centers on the clash between the Persians and the Greeks, led by admiral Themistokles. Artemisia, who is Xerxes' second-in-command, marches her army to seek revenge for her family's death. About the Athenian admiral which is played by Sullivan Stapleton, Green says, "He's my archenemy, but there's a very strong attraction. If they'd been in another kind of situation, it might have been a romantic story."
Based on Frank Miller's "Xerxes", the film is penned by Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad, Michael B. Gordon, and accompanied by Tyler Bates' score. Rodrigo Santoro portrays King Xerxes while Lena Headey plays Queen Gorgo of Sparta. The action film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on August 2.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'