First Look at Eva Green as Artemisia in '300: Rise of an Empire'
The new image of Noam Murro's upcoming film "300: Rise of an Empire" has been unveiled in Entertainment Weekly magazine. The photo captures the first look at French actress Eva Green, as Persian general Artemisia. The female commander seems ready to battle as she gets herself suited up and male warriors are seen lining up behind her.
When asked about her character, Green says that she is not a goddess or a power-hungry seductress as rumored before. "She was commander on a boat, of a whole Armada," she says. "She's a very ballsy character, she's almost like a man, so that's fun." Murro also shares the details about the fierce general, saying, "She's got sex appeal, she's ruthless and conniving. All the things that kill men."
The spin-off to 2006's "300" centers on the clash between the Persians and the Greeks, led by admiral Themistokles. Artemisia, who is Xerxes' second-in-command, marches her army to seek revenge for her family's death. About the Athenian admiral which is played by Sullivan Stapleton, Green says, "He's my archenemy, but there's a very strong attraction. If they'd been in another kind of situation, it might have been a romantic story."
Based on Frank Miller's "Xerxes", the film is penned by Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad, Michael B. Gordon, and accompanied by Tyler Bates' score. Rodrigo Santoro portrays King Xerxes while Lena Headey plays Queen Gorgo of Sparta. The action film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on August 2.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival