Portia de Rossi Echoes Ellen DeGeneres About Having No Kids
Ellen DeGeneres doesn't want to have a kid and that's fine by her wife of five years Portia de Rossi who says she's more than content with their married life. The actress says in an interview with Out magazine for its latest issue, "You have to really want to have kids, and neither of us did. So it's just going to be me and Ellen and no babies."
"There comes some pressure in your mid-30s, and you think, 'Am I going to have kids so I don't miss out on something that other people really seem to love? Or is it that I really genuinely want to do this with my whole heart?' " the 40-year-old star continues. "I didn't feel that my response was 'yes' to the latter."
"But we're the best of friends and married life is blissful, it really is," Portia adds. "I've never been happier than I am right now." She additionally gushes, "We really support each other in whatever we're doing and we're incredibly happy, which is why you don't see us in the press so much. There's no drama to report."
Last September, Ellen talked about the baby issue with Jay Leno. "I don't want to have one. I don't want to have six. I don't want to have any," the daytime talk show queen said on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". "They're precious to look at and I love them; we have nieces and I love them very much. [But I] don't want 'em."
In her 2011 book "Seriously...I'm Kidding", she also wrote, "People are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children. We thought about it. We love to be around children after they've been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don't want children of our own. There is far too much glass in our house."
More Portia de Rossi News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle