Portia de Rossi Echoes Ellen DeGeneres About Having No Kids
Ellen DeGeneres doesn't want to have a kid and that's fine by her wife of five years Portia de Rossi who says she's more than content with their married life. The actress says in an interview with Out magazine for its latest issue, "You have to really want to have kids, and neither of us did. So it's just going to be me and Ellen and no babies."
"There comes some pressure in your mid-30s, and you think, 'Am I going to have kids so I don't miss out on something that other people really seem to love? Or is it that I really genuinely want to do this with my whole heart?' " the 40-year-old star continues. "I didn't feel that my response was 'yes' to the latter."
"But we're the best of friends and married life is blissful, it really is," Portia adds. "I've never been happier than I am right now." She additionally gushes, "We really support each other in whatever we're doing and we're incredibly happy, which is why you don't see us in the press so much. There's no drama to report."
Last September, Ellen talked about the baby issue with Jay Leno. "I don't want to have one. I don't want to have six. I don't want to have any," the daytime talk show queen said on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". "They're precious to look at and I love them; we have nieces and I love them very much. [But I] don't want 'em."
In her 2011 book "Seriously...I'm Kidding", she also wrote, "People are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children. We thought about it. We love to be around children after they've been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don't want children of our own. There is far too much glass in our house."
More Portia de Rossi News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story