Rick Ross Officially Apologizes for Date Rape Lyrics in 'U.O.N.E.O.'
A day after his sponsor Reebok gave in to public outcry and decided to drop him as its spokesman for its Classics line of sneakers, Maybach Music Group mogul Rick Ross finally acknowledges that his lyrics on Rocko's mixtape track "U.O.N.E.O." were indeed offensive. The 37-year-old rapper's official admission of guilt came after a series of faint apologies he gave last week following the backlash.
In a press statement issued on Friday, Ross said he realized being an artist comes with "a great responsibility" and that his recent composition was not only offensive but also "does not reflect my true heart." "To every woman that has felt the sting of abuse, I apologize," the record label boss humbly said.
He further stated, "Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world, so for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets." That harm and violation was of course giving a woman the drug MDMA, also called Molly, which Rozay rapped about dropping it in his date's drink and having his way with her.
The Bawse also addressed the men who listen to his music to "please know that using a substance to rob a woman of her right to make a choice is not only a crime, it's wrong and I do not encourage it." He then said sorry to his fans for having disappointed them with this latest controversy, adding, "I can only hope that this sparks a healthy dialogue and that I can contribute to it."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed