Rocko Releases 'U.O.N.E.O.' Remix Without Rick Ross
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 702
Hip-hop artist Rocko is making the best out of the recent controversy that his single "U.O.N.E.O." has gotten into, courtesy of collaborator Rick Ross. The 33-year-old rapper immediately released a remix of the track, only this time, he dropped Rozay and kept the other remaining featured artist Future, while tapping Wiz Khalifa to pitch in for The Bawse.
"The record with Ross, that will always be the original record," Rocko said in a recent radio interview. "But because of the type of traction that the record has as far as radio and all over the country...it puts me in a position where I have to change it."
"U.O.N.E.O." was thrust into the spotlight when Ross got slammed for controversial lyrics where he was understood to be rapping about date rape. The Maybach Music Group mogul got a wave of criticisms from the online community and some critics even called for his sponsors to drop the rapper as an endorser. The outcry was apparently so aggressive that it caused Reebok to drop Ross as its spokesman for its Classics line of sneakers.
Meanwhile, Rocko is going to be taking advantage of all the publicity that his single off mixtape "Gift of Gab 2" is getting from the controversy. He reportedly will release a new version of the infamous track every Thursday for the next five weeks while he works on his new mixtape "Lingo for Dummies".
Rocko's "U.O.N.E.O." remix featuring Wiz Khalifa and Future:
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd