Rocko Releases 'U.O.N.E.O.' Remix Without Rick Ross
Hip-hop artist Rocko is making the best out of the recent controversy that his single "U.O.N.E.O." has gotten into, courtesy of collaborator Rick Ross. The 33-year-old rapper immediately released a remix of the track, only this time, he dropped Rozay and kept the other remaining featured artist Future, while tapping Wiz Khalifa to pitch in for The Bawse.
"The record with Ross, that will always be the original record," Rocko said in a recent radio interview. "But because of the type of traction that the record has as far as radio and all over the country...it puts me in a position where I have to change it."
"U.O.N.E.O." was thrust into the spotlight when Ross got slammed for controversial lyrics where he was understood to be rapping about date rape. The Maybach Music Group mogul got a wave of criticisms from the online community and some critics even called for his sponsors to drop the rapper as an endorser. The outcry was apparently so aggressive that it caused Reebok to drop Ross as its spokesman for its Classics line of sneakers.
Meanwhile, Rocko is going to be taking advantage of all the publicity that his single off mixtape "Gift of Gab 2" is getting from the controversy. He reportedly will release a new version of the infamous track every Thursday for the next five weeks while he works on his new mixtape "Lingo for Dummies".
Rocko's "U.O.N.E.O." remix featuring Wiz Khalifa and Future:
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards