James McAvoy Turns Into Nasty Cop in First 'Filth' Red Band Trailer
The first red band trailer for Jon S. Baird's upcoming film "Filth" literally lives up to its name. The video previews James McAvoy as a morally corrupted cop named Bruce Robertson and highlights how wicked the British man can be through glimpses of life he normally spends.
In the crime drama, Robertson is described as a pervert, alcoholic, psycho, and rude cop. The clip later gives vivid details of each description without holding back. He is seen enjoying sexual masochism in a variety of positions, snorting cocaine, getting drunk in public, and punching a man in the face.
Based on Scottish writer Irvine Welsh's novel of the same title, "Filth" centers on Bruce Robertson, a detective sergeant serving in Edinburgh's "Lothian Constabulary". While being enlisted to solve a murder, Robertson tries to stop his colleagues from taking his much-coveted promotion in the force and win back his wife and daughter.
In addition to directing it, Baird serves as the screenwriter of the Lionsgate film, which includes Imogen Poots, Jamie Bell, Joanne Froggatt, Eddie Marsan and Jim Broadbent in the cast ensemble. The film is slated to open in September in the U.K., while the U.S. release date has not been announced yet.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'