James McAvoy Turns Into Nasty Cop in First 'Filth' Red Band Trailer
The first red band trailer for Jon S. Baird's upcoming film "Filth" literally lives up to its name. The video previews James McAvoy as a morally corrupted cop named Bruce Robertson and highlights how wicked the British man can be through glimpses of life he normally spends.
In the crime drama, Robertson is described as a pervert, alcoholic, psycho, and rude cop. The clip later gives vivid details of each description without holding back. He is seen enjoying sexual masochism in a variety of positions, snorting cocaine, getting drunk in public, and punching a man in the face.
Based on Scottish writer Irvine Welsh's novel of the same title, "Filth" centers on Bruce Robertson, a detective sergeant serving in Edinburgh's "Lothian Constabulary". While being enlisted to solve a murder, Robertson tries to stop his colleagues from taking his much-coveted promotion in the force and win back his wife and daughter.
In addition to directing it, Baird serves as the screenwriter of the Lionsgate film, which includes Imogen Poots, Jamie Bell, Joanne Froggatt, Eddie Marsan and Jim Broadbent in the cast ensemble. The film is slated to open in September in the U.K., while the U.S. release date has not been announced yet.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch