James McAvoy Turns Into Nasty Cop in First 'Filth' Red Band Trailer
The first red band trailer for Jon S. Baird's upcoming film "Filth" literally lives up to its name. The video previews James McAvoy as a morally corrupted cop named Bruce Robertson and highlights how wicked the British man can be through glimpses of life he normally spends.
In the crime drama, Robertson is described as a pervert, alcoholic, psycho, and rude cop. The clip later gives vivid details of each description without holding back. He is seen enjoying sexual masochism in a variety of positions, snorting cocaine, getting drunk in public, and punching a man in the face.
Based on Scottish writer Irvine Welsh's novel of the same title, "Filth" centers on Bruce Robertson, a detective sergeant serving in Edinburgh's "Lothian Constabulary". While being enlisted to solve a murder, Robertson tries to stop his colleagues from taking his much-coveted promotion in the force and win back his wife and daughter.
In addition to directing it, Baird serves as the screenwriter of the Lionsgate film, which includes Imogen Poots, Jamie Bell, Joanne Froggatt, Eddie Marsan and Jim Broadbent in the cast ensemble. The film is slated to open in September in the U.K., while the U.S. release date has not been announced yet.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest