Video: Kelly Clarkson and Scotty McCreery Perform on 'American Idol' Results Show
Following the return of Carrie Underwood and Casey James to the "American Idol" stage last week, two more "Idol"-bred stars revisited the show to perform. Past champions, Kelly Clarkson and Scotty McCreery, she from the pilot season and he from the tenth, sang their singles as the competition bid adieu to the last remaining male contestant, Lazaro Arbos, during the Top 6 results show.
Grammy Award-winning Clarkson sang her single "People Like Us" featured on her compilation album "Greatest Hits - Chapter 1" released last November. During the post-performance chit-chat with host Ryan Seacrest, judge Mariah Carey went up onstage to give a sweet embrace to Clarkson, who apparently was anxious about singing in front of the diva whom she had long adored.
Prior to that performance, loyal "Idol" viewers first got to see platinum-selling McCreery as he dished out his new single "See You Tonight". The young country music superstar, looking confident and sounding as great as when he first appeared on the show two seasons ago, gave back to the show that catapulted him to stardom, to his platinum debut album, an ACM New Artist of the Year award and ten Billboard No. 1 hits.
Alas, two past triumphant "Idols" had to first entertain the crowd and the TV viewers at home before the show ended the dreams of another "Idol" hopeful, that of lone man standing Arbos. His performance of Burt Bacharach's "Close to You" and Nina Simone's "Feeling Good" got the least votes last night, giving bottom two companion Amber Holcomb another week to prove to fans she deserved to stay in the show.
Kelly Clarkson sings "People Like Us":
Scotty McCreery sings "See You Tonight":
More Kelly Clarkson News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered