Jamie Foxx to Receive MTV's Honorary Generation Award
This year's MTV Movie Awards will see the recognition of Jamie Foxx's big contribution in the entertainment industry. The 45-year-old actor, who also remains active as a musician and comedian, is set to receive MTV's Generation Award at the ceremony which will be held on Sunday, April 14.
MTV honors Foxx for his active engagement "not just in a variety of movie genres, but in a variety of mediums, including film, music and television." In a statement, MTV President Stephen Friedman says, "As a comedian, Academy award-winning actor and Grammy award-winning artist, Jamie Foxx is a triple threat superstar unlike any we've seen in a long time."
The prestigious honor is given to a performer who can be "counted on to engage the MTV audience with everything." Among the previous awardees are Johnny Depp, Reese Witherspoon, Sandra Bullock, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, and Tom Cruise.
His impressive acting as former slave turned bounty hunter Django Freeman in "Django Unchained" also leads Foxx to receive four nominations at the prize-giving event, including Best Male Performance, Best Fight, Best Kiss, and Best WTF Moment.
In addition to Foxx, the Rebel Wilson-hosted event will honor two other performers. Will Ferrell will be presented with the Comedic Genius Award for his countless performances in TV and film, while Emma Watson is set to accept MTV's Trailblazer Award.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?