Jamie Foxx to Receive MTV's Honorary Generation Award
This year's MTV Movie Awards will see the recognition of Jamie Foxx's big contribution in the entertainment industry. The 45-year-old actor, who also remains active as a musician and comedian, is set to receive MTV's Generation Award at the ceremony which will be held on Sunday, April 14.
MTV honors Foxx for his active engagement "not just in a variety of movie genres, but in a variety of mediums, including film, music and television." In a statement, MTV President Stephen Friedman says, "As a comedian, Academy award-winning actor and Grammy award-winning artist, Jamie Foxx is a triple threat superstar unlike any we've seen in a long time."
The prestigious honor is given to a performer who can be "counted on to engage the MTV audience with everything." Among the previous awardees are Johnny Depp, Reese Witherspoon, Sandra Bullock, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, and Tom Cruise.
His impressive acting as former slave turned bounty hunter Django Freeman in "Django Unchained" also leads Foxx to receive four nominations at the prize-giving event, including Best Male Performance, Best Fight, Best Kiss, and Best WTF Moment.
In addition to Foxx, the Rebel Wilson-hosted event will honor two other performers. Will Ferrell will be presented with the Comedic Genius Award for his countless performances in TV and film, while Emma Watson is set to accept MTV's Trailblazer Award.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves