Steve Carell Is a Mean Boyfriend in First 'The Way, Way Back' Trailer
Nat Faxon and Jim Rash's upcoming film "The Way, Way Back" has dropped its first trailer on the web. The clip for the dramedy mostly highlights rising star Liam James as he is tapped to be the film's hero, shy teenage boy named Duncan. However, the boy has a rough time as he gets to spend his summer vacation with a thoughtless man named Trent.
Trent, portrayed by comedian Steve Carell, happens to be the boyfriend of Duncan's mother Pam, played by Toni Collette. As a future stepfather of Duncan, he never tries to win the young boy's heart. Instead, he cruelly says to Duncan that on scale of 1 to 10, the teen belongs to 3.
The video later features how the introverted boy attempts to avoid his mean future stepfather. Duncan is getting engaged in outdoor activities with new people and seems to finally find the answer of how to effectively escape from Trent.
"The Way, Way Back" follows 14-year-old Duncan through his summer break that is rather nightmarish because of the presence of his mother's boyfriend Trent. The boy then manages to avoid him and her mother by bonding with the manager of a water park Owen.
Sam Rockwell is tapped to play friendly Owen. Additionally, the film casts Maya Rudolph, Amanda Peet, and AnnaSophia Robb. The film is set to be released across the nation on July 5.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna