Video: 'The Simpsons' Takes on 'Breaking Bad' in New Couch Gag
"The Simpsons" goes "Breaking Bad" in the opening credits for its Sunday, April 13 episode. Marge plays the cook, making blue cupcakes and building her business empire, while Bart helps with the sale. Wearing a pork pie hat similar to the one donned by Walter White a.k.a. Heisenberg, Homer lurks in the background when he's not sleeping on the couch.
The video, which is set to the 1960s song "Crystal Blue Persuasion", ends with a scene of Bryan Cranston's Walter White and Aaron Paul's Jesse Pinkman in their lab suits watching the animated show on their own couch. "The hardest part was making sure there were elements whose symbols were Th and Si," says Simpsons exec producer Al Jean of paying tribute to the AMC series. "Once we had that, we were off to the races."
In "What Animated Women Want", Homer seeks advice from a local sushi chef in order to become a better person after Marge becomes fed up with his bad behavior. Meanwhile, Milhouse adopts a Marlon Brando-esque bad boy persona to impress Lisa.
"The Simpsons" air Sundays at 8/7c on FOX.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'