Video: 'The Simpsons' Takes on 'Breaking Bad' in New Couch Gag
"The Simpsons" goes "Breaking Bad" in the opening credits for its Sunday, April 13 episode. Marge plays the cook, making blue cupcakes and building her business empire, while Bart helps with the sale. Wearing a pork pie hat similar to the one donned by Walter White a.k.a. Heisenberg, Homer lurks in the background when he's not sleeping on the couch.
The video, which is set to the 1960s song "Crystal Blue Persuasion", ends with a scene of Bryan Cranston's Walter White and Aaron Paul's Jesse Pinkman in their lab suits watching the animated show on their own couch. "The hardest part was making sure there were elements whose symbols were Th and Si," says Simpsons exec producer Al Jean of paying tribute to the AMC series. "Once we had that, we were off to the races."
In "What Animated Women Want", Homer seeks advice from a local sushi chef in order to become a better person after Marge becomes fed up with his bad behavior. Meanwhile, Milhouse adopts a Marlon Brando-esque bad boy persona to impress Lisa.
"The Simpsons" air Sundays at 8/7c on FOX.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'