Video: 'The Simpsons' Takes on 'Breaking Bad' in New Couch Gag
"The Simpsons" goes "Breaking Bad" in the opening credits for its Sunday, April 13 episode. Marge plays the cook, making blue cupcakes and building her business empire, while Bart helps with the sale. Wearing a pork pie hat similar to the one donned by Walter White a.k.a. Heisenberg, Homer lurks in the background when he's not sleeping on the couch.
The video, which is set to the 1960s song "Crystal Blue Persuasion", ends with a scene of Bryan Cranston's Walter White and Aaron Paul's Jesse Pinkman in their lab suits watching the animated show on their own couch. "The hardest part was making sure there were elements whose symbols were Th and Si," says Simpsons exec producer Al Jean of paying tribute to the AMC series. "Once we had that, we were off to the races."
In "What Animated Women Want", Homer seeks advice from a local sushi chef in order to become a better person after Marge becomes fed up with his bad behavior. Meanwhile, Milhouse adopts a Marlon Brando-esque bad boy persona to impress Lisa.
"The Simpsons" air Sundays at 8/7c on FOX.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby