Video: 'The Simpsons' Takes on 'Breaking Bad' in New Couch Gag
"The Simpsons" goes "Breaking Bad" in the opening credits for its Sunday, April 13 episode. Marge plays the cook, making blue cupcakes and building her business empire, while Bart helps with the sale. Wearing a pork pie hat similar to the one donned by Walter White a.k.a. Heisenberg, Homer lurks in the background when he's not sleeping on the couch.
The video, which is set to the 1960s song "Crystal Blue Persuasion", ends with a scene of Bryan Cranston's Walter White and Aaron Paul's Jesse Pinkman in their lab suits watching the animated show on their own couch. "The hardest part was making sure there were elements whose symbols were Th and Si," says Simpsons exec producer Al Jean of paying tribute to the AMC series. "Once we had that, we were off to the races."
In "What Animated Women Want", Homer seeks advice from a local sushi chef in order to become a better person after Marge becomes fed up with his bad behavior. Meanwhile, Milhouse adopts a Marlon Brando-esque bad boy persona to impress Lisa.
"The Simpsons" air Sundays at 8/7c on FOX.
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'