Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges Point Their Guns in First 'R.I.P.D.' Official Still
After its numerous set photos were leaked online, Universal Pictures' "R.I.P.D." has finally unleashed its very first still in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly. The official first look at the action comedy film, which is directed by German filmmaker Robert Schwentke, features its lead actors Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges taking cool action.
Portraying deceased cops Nick Walker and Roy Powell, Ryan and Jeff are seen in the image giving a serious look while pointing their guns at somebody. Jeff, who sports a three-piece suit, looks very cool with two guns on his hands while Ryan, who goes casual with a shirt and jacket, takes aim with his silver gun.
Adapted from the Dark Horse comic book "Rest in Peace Department" by Peter M. Lenkov, "R.I.P.D." follows Nick Walker, a cop who joins the department after being murdered. He then dedicates himself to search for the man who set him up as he does his duty fighting fiendish creatures.
In addition to Ryan and Jeff, the cast ensemble includes Kevin Bacon, Stephanie Szostak, Mike O'Malley, James Hong, Marisa Miller and Robert Knepper. The film, which is penned by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi, is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 19.
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director