'Charlie Brown' Voice Actor Pleads Guilty to Stalking and Threatening
Peter Robbins, who was known for voicing Charlie Brown in the classic "Peanuts" TV show, changes his tune regarding the charges he got for allegedly stalking and threatening his ex and a plastic surgeon. The 56-year-old star initially pled not guilty to the allegations, but has now told the court in San Diego that he did commit the crimes.
Robbins, who began his voice acting at a tender age of 9, was arrested on January 20 at the San Ysidro Port of Entry when he tried to cross the border upon his return to the States from Tijuana, Mexico. During a background check, it's revealed that he was wanted by the San Diego County Sheriff's Department for a felony warrant.
After he broke up with his girlfriend Shawna Kern following an alleged domestic-violence drama, he allegedly threatened to harm her and her son if she did not return his dog and car. He also reportedly threatened violence against Dr. Lori Saltz, who had performed a boob job on Kern, and wanted refund for the money he spent on the breast enhancement.
He reportedly frightened the plastic surgeon to the point that she temporarily moved out of her house, lived in a hotel and hired an armed guard outside her clinic. He was originally held on $50k bail but it was upped to $550,000 after prosecutors told Judge that he had bought a gun, though hadn't received it yet, and practiced at a shooting range.
Defense Attorney Marc S. Kohnen argued that the bail was set too high for someone who has no prior criminal record and whose work has been loved by many children. He insisted the actor was just a "distraught man." "Mr. Robbins is an eccentric individual," he said. "He's not a threat to society."
The victims, however, argued that Robbins was "desperate man" who "had nothing to lose."
He faces up to three years in prison at his sentencing next month.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story