Howard Stern and Jimmy Fallon Named 2013's Most Powerful People in Media
The Hollywood Reporter has released a list of 35 Most Powerful People in Media. In the third annual list, the likes of Howard Stern, Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Willie Geist, Jimmy Fallon, Anderson Cooper and Katie Couric are considered as those "who control the megawatt megaphone for Hollywood and beyond."
Commenting on his placement on the list, Stern said jokingly during his Sirius XM radio show, "I'll be between Ann Curry and the Naked Cowboy." He didn't show any sign of retirement despite being a 59-year-old man, and even signed on for his second season in the judge's chair on "America's Got Talent".
Also on the list, Fallon becomes one of the most powerful people in media as he will replace Jay Leno on NBC's "Tonight Show" in 2014. Joining the list are Lauer, Guthrie and Geist who co-host NBC's "Today".
"I try really hard not to be distracted by [the negative media attention]. One hundred percent of our focus is putting on the show," said Guthrie. "And the fact that we're putting on a really strong show is what makes me feel good."
Cooper, the host of CNN's "60 Minutes" has been working his best. As his contract with CNN will expire next fall, his name is on top of every network's wish list. The 45-year-old host came out as a gay in July and he is now living with his partner, Benjamin Maisani in Greenwich Village.
As for Couric, her talk show "Katie" becomes this season's top new series with more than 2.5 million viewers. "The grind of a daily one-hour show has certainly been an adjustment, but I have a smart, energetic staff, plus the support of Disney and ABC, with the tremendous resources of ABC News," she explained.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered