Zack Snyder Reveals 'Man of Steel' Twist
More details of "Man of Steel" are unveiled in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly printed edition. As the film attempts to humanize the superhero, Zack Snyder reveals that his movie won't feature his biggest weakness. "I'll be honest with you, there's no Kryptonite in the movie," the director spills.
However, it doesn't mean that Henry Cavill's Superman doesn't have any vulnerability, but it is more related to his emotional stance. Cavill chimes in, "Although he is not susceptible to the frailties of mankind, he is definitely susceptible to the emotional frailties."
As EW describes, young Kal-El was born as a special child and his birth caused emergency in his planet. After he's sent to Earth, "Clark Kent grows up feeling isolated, longing for a connection to others, and constantly hiding who he is. As a result, 'Man of Steel' presents the frustrated Superman, the angry Superman, the lost Superman."
Meanwhile, producer Charles Roven claims the movie will not only be full of actions, but also emotionally engaging. "You want to give the audience great spectacle. You want them to go to the movie, be eating their popcorn and be like, 'Wow!' But it's just not good enough to give them the 'Wow,' " he explains. "You want them to be emotionally engaged. Because if you just have the 'wow,' ultimately you get bludgeoned by that and you stop caring."
Also in the magazine spread, new photos from the upcoming Warner Bros. Pictures movie are unleashed. They give a look at Russell Crowe's Jor-El, Antje Traue's Faora, Michael Shannon's General Zod, Laurence Fishburne's Perry White as well as the Man of Steel himself.
With David S. Goyer as the scribe and Christopher Nolan in the board of producers, "Man of Steel" will storm out in theaters nationwide on June 14.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri