Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent Engaged After 8 Months of Dating
Nate Berkus' representative confirms to Us Weekly that Nate and his boyfriend for almost 9 months, Jeremiah Brent, are engaged. Nate popped the question to Jeremiah during their work trip in Machu Picchu on Monday, April 8. Jeremiah was reportedly "completely surprised" at the proposal.
Jeremiah posted a photo of himself, Nate and friends with the background of Machu Picchu ruins on Instagram on Tuesday, April 9. He captioned the picture, "Machu Picchu @nate_berkus @susankfeldman @allmoxie #lifechanging #specialday."
The couple was rumored dating after they were spotted kissing at the sunglass rack in the men's section at Barney's. After the news was out, the two began splitting their time between New York, where Nate lives, and Los Angeles, where the former assistant of Rachel Zoe resides.
The couple reportedly hoped to have a baby through a surrogate mother. According to New York Post, Jeremiah apparently preferred a son. "I wouldn't know how to deal with a little girl," Jeremiah told guests at Alex Hitz's home in February.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet