NBC Renews 'Last Call with Carson Daly' Amid Alec Baldwin Rumor
NBC has no plans to replace Carson Daly in the foreseeable future, judging from its decision to renew "Last Call with Carson Daly". The very-late-night talk show, which airs at 1:35 A.M. ET/PT, has been given a new season order which will bring it back for a 13th season.
"We are thrilled to continue our relationship with Carson who has broken the mold, creating his own unique late-night show format with 'Last Call'," says Paul Telegdy, president of alternative and late-night programming. "The show has become a platform for emerging artists, and Carson's engaging interview style has made it the place for insightful conversations with an eclectic group of new stars as well as established icons and news makers."
Daly, who currently also hosts NBC's "The Voice", adds, "We are always looking to give viewers something new and fresh that they can't find anywhere else on television. I'm grateful to have the chance to continue doing what I love the most."
NBC announces "Last Call" renewal just a day after it was reported that Alec Baldwin was in talks with the network to host a late-night show. Words were, Baldwin's show would likely land on 1:35 A.M. slot which is currently occupied by Daly. "People have been impressed with his radio podcast series and have thought about him for these opportunities," a source said.
While the Peacock declined to comment on the issue, a source familiar with the situation played down the report, claiming it's not true that Baldwin would host a late-night show on the network.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'