'Buckwild' Producer Blasts MTV for Canceling Show
"Buckwild" is reportedly canceled after the death of cast member Shain Gandee. Sources told TMZ that MTV decided to stop production of the show's second season. The network is expected to make the official announcement on Wednesday, April 10.
Meanwhile, MTV's decision to axe the reality series has left producer J.P. Williams fuming. "This is the network that has shows about teen pregnancy. They'll stick by a show that allows you to abandon a child, but a kid dies by accident doing what he does for a living [mudding] and they cancel the show?" he told The Hollywood Reporter. "There's something that smells of s*** here on every level."
Williams said he was informed on Friday that MTV would be moving forward with the show, with the network planning a special dedicated to Gandee. However, MTV changed its tune on Tuesday, canceling the series without explanation, so Williams claimed. He added that the cast hadn't been informed about the cancellation.
Williams, however, plans to continue filming the show and make a "Buckwild" film, even if it means he has to self-finance it. "My job is to protect these kids," he stated. "This will get ugly."
Gandee was found dead on April 1 along with his uncle David Gandee, 48, and another individual in a car on the long dirt road in the Wolf Pen Road area of Sissonville, West Virginia. Officials ruled the death was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?