'Buckwild' Producer Blasts MTV for Canceling Show
"Buckwild" is reportedly canceled after the death of cast member Shain Gandee. Sources told TMZ that MTV decided to stop production of the show's second season. The network is expected to make the official announcement on Wednesday, April 10.
Meanwhile, MTV's decision to axe the reality series has left producer J.P. Williams fuming. "This is the network that has shows about teen pregnancy. They'll stick by a show that allows you to abandon a child, but a kid dies by accident doing what he does for a living [mudding] and they cancel the show?" he told The Hollywood Reporter. "There's something that smells of s*** here on every level."
Williams said he was informed on Friday that MTV would be moving forward with the show, with the network planning a special dedicated to Gandee. However, MTV changed its tune on Tuesday, canceling the series without explanation, so Williams claimed. He added that the cast hadn't been informed about the cancellation.
Williams, however, plans to continue filming the show and make a "Buckwild" film, even if it means he has to self-finance it. "My job is to protect these kids," he stated. "This will get ugly."
Gandee was found dead on April 1 along with his uncle David Gandee, 48, and another individual in a car on the long dirt road in the Wolf Pen Road area of Sissonville, West Virginia. Officials ruled the death was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story