LL Cool J Backs Brad Paisley on 'Accidental Racist' Defense
Soon after country crooner Brad Paisley posted a series of tweets to address the online criticism that his new song has drawn from bashers, his collaborator on the track, rapper LL Cool J, also immediately comes to the defense of "Accidental Racist". The 45-year-old rap star joined Paisley for an unlikely combination to rap about being an African-American in these modern times.
"Music is about, and art is about, connecting different people, and building bridges and breaking the rules," the rapper said in an interview the night of the ACM Awards in Las Vegas. "If it's not compelling, and it's not complex and it's not interesting, then what are we doing it for? So I think that's the right move," he argues in defense of the track included in Paisley's album "Wheelhouse" which has undoubtedly gotten much attention over its handling of race relations in American society.
LL Cool J stands behind his decision to team-up with Paisley on the country-rap song despite the negative reactions and controversy surrounding something so well-meaning but ill-interpreted. "I needed to do something that was going to be interesting like that, and shake things up, and jump out of the box. I'm really proud of it, and I hope the world hears it and enjoys it," he said.
The unexpected backlash is apparently not stopping the two artists from working together, as Paisley returns the favor to LL Cool J when he sings the hook on the rapper/actor's track "Live For You" off album "Authentic". On this one, the duo tackles a less serious subject than that in "Accidental Racist" as they profess love for a special lady.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked