LL Cool J Backs Brad Paisley on 'Accidental Racist' Defense
Soon after country crooner Brad Paisley posted a series of tweets to address the online criticism that his new song has drawn from bashers, his collaborator on the track, rapper LL Cool J, also immediately comes to the defense of "Accidental Racist". The 45-year-old rap star joined Paisley for an unlikely combination to rap about being an African-American in these modern times.
"Music is about, and art is about, connecting different people, and building bridges and breaking the rules," the rapper said in an interview the night of the ACM Awards in Las Vegas. "If it's not compelling, and it's not complex and it's not interesting, then what are we doing it for? So I think that's the right move," he argues in defense of the track included in Paisley's album "Wheelhouse" which has undoubtedly gotten much attention over its handling of race relations in American society.
LL Cool J stands behind his decision to team-up with Paisley on the country-rap song despite the negative reactions and controversy surrounding something so well-meaning but ill-interpreted. "I needed to do something that was going to be interesting like that, and shake things up, and jump out of the box. I'm really proud of it, and I hope the world hears it and enjoys it," he said.
The unexpected backlash is apparently not stopping the two artists from working together, as Paisley returns the favor to LL Cool J when he sings the hook on the rapper/actor's track "Live For You" off album "Authentic". On this one, the duo tackles a less serious subject than that in "Accidental Racist" as they profess love for a special lady.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'