Rihanna Possibly Addresses Chris Brown Breakup During L.A. Gig
Rihanna rocked Los Angeles' Staples Center on Monday, April 8, a few hours after rumors about her split with Chris Brown began swirling online. She added fuel to the rumors because in the middle of her gig, she brought up a talk about heartbreak, implying that the split seriously hurt her.
"How many of you are in love? How many of you hate love? How many of you don't f**king understand it? I'm in that group, the confused group," she said to the audience before she went on singing "What Now", a song from her most recent album, which begins with the lyrics, "I've been ignoring this big lump in my throat/ I shouldn't be crying, tears were for the weaker days/ I'm stronger, now what, so I say/ But something's missing."
Other than that, Rihanna was all smiles during the show. She even encouraged the crowd to get more rowdy. "Los Angeles, what the f**k?" she said at one point. "I live here now, so I know y'all can get ratchet."
Stars like Christina Aguilera, Ellen Pompeo, Chloe Moretz, Kendall Jenner and Kirsten Dunst were seen attending the concert. However, the existence of Brown in the middle of VIP section of course drew more attention.
A fan who saw him there tweeted, "Rihanna concert was bomb saw Chris Brown literally was a inch away & fell in love with life all over again. He left maybe like 3 songs before it was over, probably to beat traffic & a big crowd of fans."
Rihanna and Brown were reportedly split after rekindling their romance a few months ago. It was said that Brown cheated on her as he was spotted holding the hand of Keisha Kimball, 22, a waitress at L.A.'s Playhouse nightclub on Saturday. Kimball later denied that she dated the "Don't Wake Me Up" singer.
More Rihanna News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video