Rihanna Possibly Addresses Chris Brown Breakup During L.A. Gig
Rihanna rocked Los Angeles' Staples Center on Monday, April 8, a few hours after rumors about her split with Chris Brown began swirling online. She added fuel to the rumors because in the middle of her gig, she brought up a talk about heartbreak, implying that the split seriously hurt her.
"How many of you are in love? How many of you hate love? How many of you don't f**king understand it? I'm in that group, the confused group," she said to the audience before she went on singing "What Now", a song from her most recent album, which begins with the lyrics, "I've been ignoring this big lump in my throat/ I shouldn't be crying, tears were for the weaker days/ I'm stronger, now what, so I say/ But something's missing."
Other than that, Rihanna was all smiles during the show. She even encouraged the crowd to get more rowdy. "Los Angeles, what the f**k?" she said at one point. "I live here now, so I know y'all can get ratchet."
Stars like Christina Aguilera, Ellen Pompeo, Chloe Moretz, Kendall Jenner and Kirsten Dunst were seen attending the concert. However, the existence of Brown in the middle of VIP section of course drew more attention.
A fan who saw him there tweeted, "Rihanna concert was bomb saw Chris Brown literally was a inch away & fell in love with life all over again. He left maybe like 3 songs before it was over, probably to beat traffic & a big crowd of fans."
Rihanna and Brown were reportedly split after rekindling their romance a few months ago. It was said that Brown cheated on her as he was spotted holding the hand of Keisha Kimball, 22, a waitress at L.A.'s Playhouse nightclub on Saturday. Kimball later denied that she dated the "Don't Wake Me Up" singer.
More Rihanna News
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert