Tom Cruise 'Didn't Expect' Katie Holmes Wanted Divorce
Tom Cruise talked about his divorce from ex-wife Katie Holmes with German TV network ProSieben (via Germany's Bunte magazine) when he was promoting his movie "Oblivion". Cruise admitted that he was surprised learning Holmes wanted to end their marriage.
"I did not expect that," Cruise said. However, the star confessed he had "an incredible amount of time to reflect" after the split. "Life is a challenge. To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you - that's what life is. Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor," he revealed.
In the footage, which is not available in the U.S. because of copyright issue, Cruise said his children had a chance to join the movie industry. "Suri, Connor and Isabella have grown up on film sets. The door is always open for them," he said.
Cruise has jumped to work since the divorce. He stars in "Oblivion" which will hit U.S. theaters on April 19 and films "All You Need Is Kill" in London. In addition, he revealed on U.K.'s "The Graham Norton Show" that he's "working on the story" of "Mission: Impossible V" film.
Holmes announced her separation from Cruise on June 29, five days before Cruise's 50th birthday. Two weeks after the announcement, their lawyer reached settlement on the custody of the couple's daughter Suri. The little girl stays with Holmes with generous amount of visitation from Cruise.
More Tom Cruise News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby