Tom Cruise 'Didn't Expect' Katie Holmes Wanted Divorce
Tom Cruise talked about his divorce from ex-wife Katie Holmes with German TV network ProSieben (via Germany's Bunte magazine) when he was promoting his movie "Oblivion". Cruise admitted that he was surprised learning Holmes wanted to end their marriage.
"I did not expect that," Cruise said. However, the star confessed he had "an incredible amount of time to reflect" after the split. "Life is a challenge. To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you - that's what life is. Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor," he revealed.
In the footage, which is not available in the U.S. because of copyright issue, Cruise said his children had a chance to join the movie industry. "Suri, Connor and Isabella have grown up on film sets. The door is always open for them," he said.
Cruise has jumped to work since the divorce. He stars in "Oblivion" which will hit U.S. theaters on April 19 and films "All You Need Is Kill" in London. In addition, he revealed on U.K.'s "The Graham Norton Show" that he's "working on the story" of "Mission: Impossible V" film.
Holmes announced her separation from Cruise on June 29, five days before Cruise's 50th birthday. Two weeks after the announcement, their lawyer reached settlement on the custody of the couple's daughter Suri. The little girl stays with Holmes with generous amount of visitation from Cruise.
More Tom Cruise News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO