Tom Cruise 'Didn't Expect' Katie Holmes Wanted Divorce
Tom Cruise talked about his divorce from ex-wife Katie Holmes with German TV network ProSieben (via Germany's Bunte magazine) when he was promoting his movie "Oblivion". Cruise admitted that he was surprised learning Holmes wanted to end their marriage.
"I did not expect that," Cruise said. However, the star confessed he had "an incredible amount of time to reflect" after the split. "Life is a challenge. To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you - that's what life is. Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor," he revealed.
In the footage, which is not available in the U.S. because of copyright issue, Cruise said his children had a chance to join the movie industry. "Suri, Connor and Isabella have grown up on film sets. The door is always open for them," he said.
Cruise has jumped to work since the divorce. He stars in "Oblivion" which will hit U.S. theaters on April 19 and films "All You Need Is Kill" in London. In addition, he revealed on U.K.'s "The Graham Norton Show" that he's "working on the story" of "Mission: Impossible V" film.
Holmes announced her separation from Cruise on June 29, five days before Cruise's 50th birthday. Two weeks after the announcement, their lawyer reached settlement on the custody of the couple's daughter Suri. The little girl stays with Holmes with generous amount of visitation from Cruise.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer