Tom Cruise 'Didn't Expect' Katie Holmes Wanted Divorce
Tom Cruise talked about his divorce from ex-wife Katie Holmes with German TV network ProSieben (via Germany's Bunte magazine) when he was promoting his movie "Oblivion". Cruise admitted that he was surprised learning Holmes wanted to end their marriage.
"I did not expect that," Cruise said. However, the star confessed he had "an incredible amount of time to reflect" after the split. "Life is a challenge. To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you - that's what life is. Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor," he revealed.
In the footage, which is not available in the U.S. because of copyright issue, Cruise said his children had a chance to join the movie industry. "Suri, Connor and Isabella have grown up on film sets. The door is always open for them," he said.
Cruise has jumped to work since the divorce. He stars in "Oblivion" which will hit U.S. theaters on April 19 and films "All You Need Is Kill" in London. In addition, he revealed on U.K.'s "The Graham Norton Show" that he's "working on the story" of "Mission: Impossible V" film.
Holmes announced her separation from Cruise on June 29, five days before Cruise's 50th birthday. Two weeks after the announcement, their lawyer reached settlement on the custody of the couple's daughter Suri. The little girl stays with Holmes with generous amount of visitation from Cruise.
More Tom Cruise News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama