Luke Evans Set to Lead 'Dracula'
Luke Evans will be featured in Universal's upcoming dramatic horror film. The "Immortals" star is confirmed to join the cast ensemble of "Dracula", which previously went by the name of "Dracula Year Zero". In the film, Evans will portray the legendary king of the vampires.
The story of the thriller follows Prince Vlad, the inspiration for the Dracula character popularized by the Bram Stoker novel. When his family is threatened by a bloodthirsty sultan, he sacrifices his soul in order to save them and thus becomes the world's first vampire.
Produced by Michael De Luca, the film will mark the directorial debut of its helmer Gary Shore. Alissa Phillips is executive producing the project, which is penned by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless. It is expected to begin its production later this year.
The project initially tapped Sam Worthington as the lead actor and Alex Proyas as the director. However, the plans were immediately scrapped because of budgetary concerns. After Shore was on board the project, Tom Hardy was once considered to lead the film before Evans eventually won the role because of his impressive acting as Owen Shaw in "Fast and Furious 6".
In addition to the sixth installment of the "Fast and Furious" franchise which is set for a May 24 release in the U.S., the Welsh actor will next be seen in "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" which will arrive in theaters across the nation on December 13.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville