'Bates Motel' Gets Second Season, 'Judge Judy' Is Renewed Through 2017
A&E has renewed "Bates Motel" after airing only three episodes of the new series. The drama thriller will return for a 10-episode second season after debuting to 4.5 million viewers on March 18.
"Bates Motel has garnered critical acclaim and a loyal audience in its first few weeks," says Bob DeBitetto, president and GM of A&E. "With superb writing and exceptional acting, led by the critically acclaimed performances of Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore, we're incredibly excited to see where Carlton and Kerry take Norma and Norman Bates next."
Receiving the same good news is "Judge Judy". The daytime reality show has been renewed through 2017 as Judy Sheindlin says she has inked a new multi-year deal with CBS Television Distribution.
Now in its 17th season, the popular syndicated series averages more than 9 million daily viewers. The renewal will give Sheindlin her 21 years on the air as the show first premiered in 1996.
"Twenty-one is a terrific number. It's when you officially become an adult, it's a winning hand in blackjack and it's the number of seasons we will have hit in 2017," says Sheindlin. "I am so fortunate to have a job that I still love, working with a staff I respect and with a company who is at the top of their game."
CBS Global Distribution CEO Armando Nunez adds, "We are grateful to Judy for her continued unparalleled ratings and her one-of-a-kind style. She is truly the Queen of Daytime and we couldn't be happier that she will continue her trademark sense of justice and humor with CTD and her stellar station line up through 2017."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences