Matt Damon's 'Elysium' Unveils First Poster and 10-Minute Footage
The first poster for Neill Blomkamp's upcoming science fiction film "Elysium" has been unveiled online. The poster shows Matt Damon turning into a cyborg as some robotics are attached to his body. To help explain what this film is about, Sony Pictures' film has also revealed the first footage at a special presentation.
The core story of the film is about two very different planets belonging to certain groups of people in the year 2159. The first planet is called Elysium, a utopian space station which is inhabited only by the wealthiest humans. The footage [SPOILER ALERT!] gives vivid portraits of how perfect the planet can be, including how easy it is to remove cancer from a human's body.
Meanwhile, Earth is nothing but a global garbage dump. Unlike the Elysium citizens, Earth people have to struggle to survive in squalor. Earning money through hard labour, the long-suffering people won't ever make it to collect some money to go to Elysium. Thus, there is no way these humans even dream of planning to do that.
However, one Earth man named Max De Costa (Damon) dares himself to go to the idyllic place as his life expectancy is only a matter of time due to cancer. Having nothing to lose, he is set to go through the barriers with robotics that are attached to his body and give him high, robot-level strength.
In addition to Damon, "Elysium" stars Jodie Foster as Elysium secretary Jessica Delacourt and Sharlto Copley as Elysium military man Kruger. The film is set to hit U.S. theaters on August 9. The first trailer will debut Tuesday night, April 9.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7