Matt Damon's 'Elysium' Unveils First Poster and 10-Minute Footage
The first poster for Neill Blomkamp's upcoming science fiction film "Elysium" has been unveiled online. The poster shows Matt Damon turning into a cyborg as some robotics are attached to his body. To help explain what this film is about, Sony Pictures' film has also revealed the first footage at a special presentation.
The core story of the film is about two very different planets belonging to certain groups of people in the year 2159. The first planet is called Elysium, a utopian space station which is inhabited only by the wealthiest humans. The footage [SPOILER ALERT!] gives vivid portraits of how perfect the planet can be, including how easy it is to remove cancer from a human's body.
Meanwhile, Earth is nothing but a global garbage dump. Unlike the Elysium citizens, Earth people have to struggle to survive in squalor. Earning money through hard labour, the long-suffering people won't ever make it to collect some money to go to Elysium. Thus, there is no way these humans even dream of planning to do that.
However, one Earth man named Max De Costa (Damon) dares himself to go to the idyllic place as his life expectancy is only a matter of time due to cancer. Having nothing to lose, he is set to go through the barriers with robotics that are attached to his body and give him high, robot-level strength.
In addition to Damon, "Elysium" stars Jodie Foster as Elysium secretary Jessica Delacourt and Sharlto Copley as Elysium military man Kruger. The film is set to hit U.S. theaters on August 9. The first trailer will debut Tuesday night, April 9.
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik