Matt Damon's 'Elysium' Unveils First Poster and 10-Minute Footage
The first poster for Neill Blomkamp's upcoming science fiction film "Elysium" has been unveiled online. The poster shows Matt Damon turning into a cyborg as some robotics are attached to his body. To help explain what this film is about, Sony Pictures' film has also revealed the first footage at a special presentation.
The core story of the film is about two very different planets belonging to certain groups of people in the year 2159. The first planet is called Elysium, a utopian space station which is inhabited only by the wealthiest humans. The footage [SPOILER ALERT!] gives vivid portraits of how perfect the planet can be, including how easy it is to remove cancer from a human's body.
Meanwhile, Earth is nothing but a global garbage dump. Unlike the Elysium citizens, Earth people have to struggle to survive in squalor. Earning money through hard labour, the long-suffering people won't ever make it to collect some money to go to Elysium. Thus, there is no way these humans even dream of planning to do that.
However, one Earth man named Max De Costa (Damon) dares himself to go to the idyllic place as his life expectancy is only a matter of time due to cancer. Having nothing to lose, he is set to go through the barriers with robotics that are attached to his body and give him high, robot-level strength.
In addition to Damon, "Elysium" stars Jodie Foster as Elysium secretary Jessica Delacourt and Sharlto Copley as Elysium military man Kruger. The film is set to hit U.S. theaters on August 9. The first trailer will debut Tuesday night, April 9.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke