Adam Levine to Be Honored With President's Award at 2013 BMI Pop Awards
Maroon 5's frontman Adam Levine will be honored at the 61st Annual BMI Pop Awards to be held on May 14 at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. The 34-year-old singer will be presented with the President's Award in recognition of his outstanding achievements in songwriting and the global impact he has had on pop culture.
"Adam has mastered the art of writing unforgettable pop and rock hits," said BMI Vice President & General Manager Barbara Cane about "The Voice" mentor. "Captivating music lovers with his undeniable and memorable lyrics and catchy melodies, Adam's pop anthems and heartfelt ballads are defining an exciting brand of global stardom."
Other awards that will be presented during the ceremony are the BMI Pop Song, Songwriter and Publisher of the Year. Songwriters and publishers of the past year's most-performed pop songs in the U.S. from BMI's repertoire of more than 7.5 million musical works will also be recognized on that night.
Levine follows in the footsteps of previous BMI President's Award recipients such as country pop superstar Taylor Swift, Miami Sound Machine band leader Gloria Estefan and her husband Emilio Estefan, country legend Willie Nelson, pop rapper Pitbull, and Columbian artists Juanes and Kike Santander. It is given only on unique occasions when an individual songwriter has distinctly and profoundly influenced the entertainment industry.
More Adam Levine News
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set