Adam Levine to Be Honored With President's Award at 2013 BMI Pop Awards
Maroon 5's frontman Adam Levine will be honored at the 61st Annual BMI Pop Awards to be held on May 14 at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. The 34-year-old singer will be presented with the President's Award in recognition of his outstanding achievements in songwriting and the global impact he has had on pop culture.
"Adam has mastered the art of writing unforgettable pop and rock hits," said BMI Vice President & General Manager Barbara Cane about "The Voice" mentor. "Captivating music lovers with his undeniable and memorable lyrics and catchy melodies, Adam's pop anthems and heartfelt ballads are defining an exciting brand of global stardom."
Other awards that will be presented during the ceremony are the BMI Pop Song, Songwriter and Publisher of the Year. Songwriters and publishers of the past year's most-performed pop songs in the U.S. from BMI's repertoire of more than 7.5 million musical works will also be recognized on that night.
Levine follows in the footsteps of previous BMI President's Award recipients such as country pop superstar Taylor Swift, Miami Sound Machine band leader Gloria Estefan and her husband Emilio Estefan, country legend Willie Nelson, pop rapper Pitbull, and Columbian artists Juanes and Kike Santander. It is given only on unique occasions when an individual songwriter has distinctly and profoundly influenced the entertainment industry.
More Adam Levine News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory