Adam Levine to Be Honored With President's Award at 2013 BMI Pop Awards
Maroon 5's frontman Adam Levine will be honored at the 61st Annual BMI Pop Awards to be held on May 14 at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. The 34-year-old singer will be presented with the President's Award in recognition of his outstanding achievements in songwriting and the global impact he has had on pop culture.
"Adam has mastered the art of writing unforgettable pop and rock hits," said BMI Vice President & General Manager Barbara Cane about "The Voice" mentor. "Captivating music lovers with his undeniable and memorable lyrics and catchy melodies, Adam's pop anthems and heartfelt ballads are defining an exciting brand of global stardom."
Other awards that will be presented during the ceremony are the BMI Pop Song, Songwriter and Publisher of the Year. Songwriters and publishers of the past year's most-performed pop songs in the U.S. from BMI's repertoire of more than 7.5 million musical works will also be recognized on that night.
Levine follows in the footsteps of previous BMI President's Award recipients such as country pop superstar Taylor Swift, Miami Sound Machine band leader Gloria Estefan and her husband Emilio Estefan, country legend Willie Nelson, pop rapper Pitbull, and Columbian artists Juanes and Kike Santander. It is given only on unique occasions when an individual songwriter has distinctly and profoundly influenced the entertainment industry.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie