'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Reveals First Image
Captain America is set to embark on a new journey as Marvel Studios confirms that "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" has started its production. Along with the press release, Marvel releases the first behind-the-scenes photo, which sees Chris Evans returning as Steve Rogers/Cap with the iconic shield strapped to his back.
Set to shoot in Los Angeles, Cleveland, Ohio, and Washington, D.C., the sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger" is directed by Joe and Anthony Russo with the script provided by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who also wrote the first installment.
The superhero film will feature impressive supporting cast members playing prominent roles. Scarlett Johansson is set to reprise her role as Black Widow while Samuel L. Jackson returns as Nick Fury. Additionally, founder of the Sundance Film Festival and veteran actor Robert Redford is confirmed to join as Agent Alexander Pierce, a senior leader within the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization.
Picking up where "The Avengers" left off, "Captain America 2" sees Steve Rogers struggling to embrace his role in the modern world and teaming up with Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.
Produced by Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is set for an April 4, 2014 release in the United States.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet