'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Reveals First Image
Captain America is set to embark on a new journey as Marvel Studios confirms that "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" has started its production. Along with the press release, Marvel releases the first behind-the-scenes photo, which sees Chris Evans returning as Steve Rogers/Cap with the iconic shield strapped to his back.
Set to shoot in Los Angeles, Cleveland, Ohio, and Washington, D.C., the sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger" is directed by Joe and Anthony Russo with the script provided by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who also wrote the first installment.
The superhero film will feature impressive supporting cast members playing prominent roles. Scarlett Johansson is set to reprise her role as Black Widow while Samuel L. Jackson returns as Nick Fury. Additionally, founder of the Sundance Film Festival and veteran actor Robert Redford is confirmed to join as Agent Alexander Pierce, a senior leader within the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization.
Picking up where "The Avengers" left off, "Captain America 2" sees Steve Rogers struggling to embrace his role in the modern world and teaming up with Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.
Produced by Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is set for an April 4, 2014 release in the United States.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion