'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Reveals First Image
Captain America is set to embark on a new journey as Marvel Studios confirms that "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" has started its production. Along with the press release, Marvel releases the first behind-the-scenes photo, which sees Chris Evans returning as Steve Rogers/Cap with the iconic shield strapped to his back.
Set to shoot in Los Angeles, Cleveland, Ohio, and Washington, D.C., the sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger" is directed by Joe and Anthony Russo with the script provided by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who also wrote the first installment.
The superhero film will feature impressive supporting cast members playing prominent roles. Scarlett Johansson is set to reprise her role as Black Widow while Samuel L. Jackson returns as Nick Fury. Additionally, founder of the Sundance Film Festival and veteran actor Robert Redford is confirmed to join as Agent Alexander Pierce, a senior leader within the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization.
Picking up where "The Avengers" left off, "Captain America 2" sees Steve Rogers struggling to embrace his role in the modern world and teaming up with Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.
Produced by Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is set for an April 4, 2014 release in the United States.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?