Sara Gilbert Announces Her Engagement to Linda Perry
After nearly two years of dating, Sara Gilbert is engaged to her girlfriend, Linda Perry. Gilbert announced her engagement to the songwriter and shared the details of the surprise proposal while hosting CBS' talk show "The Talk" on Monday, April 8.
"We go to a park, and we have food and we're eating it, it's really sweet and there's this guy sitting playing guitar, like a street musician, and he starts playing this song that we love... I'm like, 'Oh, that's so weird, this is so magical and amazing,' " Gilbert recalled.
"So that ends and she's like, 'Oh, I'm gonna ask him to play this other song,' but this other song is really obscure and this guy wouldn't know it, but magically he knows it," she went on sharing. "And suddenly the people picnicking next to us pull out string instruments from under the blanket and walk over and they start playing [The Cure's] 'Love Song'."
"Then she goes to her backpack and she pulls out some T-shirts and the first T-shirt says, 'Will', and then she puts on another T-Shirt that says, 'You', 'Marry', 'Me' and the last one is a question mark. And then she goes to her backpack and gets a ring," she continued.
"So then she says, 'OK, turn around,' and I turn around and our moms are there and a couple friends... So I think that's it and it's the most amazing proposal ever," Gilbert said. The 38-year-old actress also said that Perry even had pal John Waite singing the couple's breakup song, "Missing You". She added, "And then, this guy walks up and she's like, 'This is John Waite,' and he starts playing 'Missing You'."
Gilbert and Perry began seeing each other in 2011, not so long after the former "Roseanne" star split from her partner of 10 years, Allison Adler. The former pair shared the custody of their 8-year-old son Levi and 5-year-old daughter Sawyer.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story