Sara Gilbert Announces Her Engagement to Linda Perry
After nearly two years of dating, Sara Gilbert is engaged to her girlfriend, Linda Perry. Gilbert announced her engagement to the songwriter and shared the details of the surprise proposal while hosting CBS' talk show "The Talk" on Monday, April 8.
"We go to a park, and we have food and we're eating it, it's really sweet and there's this guy sitting playing guitar, like a street musician, and he starts playing this song that we love... I'm like, 'Oh, that's so weird, this is so magical and amazing,' " Gilbert recalled.
"So that ends and she's like, 'Oh, I'm gonna ask him to play this other song,' but this other song is really obscure and this guy wouldn't know it, but magically he knows it," she went on sharing. "And suddenly the people picnicking next to us pull out string instruments from under the blanket and walk over and they start playing [The Cure's] 'Love Song'."
"Then she goes to her backpack and she pulls out some T-shirts and the first T-shirt says, 'Will', and then she puts on another T-Shirt that says, 'You', 'Marry', 'Me' and the last one is a question mark. And then she goes to her backpack and gets a ring," she continued.
"So then she says, 'OK, turn around,' and I turn around and our moms are there and a couple friends... So I think that's it and it's the most amazing proposal ever," Gilbert said. The 38-year-old actress also said that Perry even had pal John Waite singing the couple's breakup song, "Missing You". She added, "And then, this guy walks up and she's like, 'This is John Waite,' and he starts playing 'Missing You'."
Gilbert and Perry began seeing each other in 2011, not so long after the former "Roseanne" star split from her partner of 10 years, Allison Adler. The former pair shared the custody of their 8-year-old son Levi and 5-year-old daughter Sawyer.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest