Blake Shelton to Officiate Kelly Clarkson's Wedding
Blake Shelton will perform at and officiate Kelly Clarkson's wedding. The "A Moment Like This" singer revealed the news to Entertainment Tonight's Nancy O'Dell at ACM Awards on Sunday, April 7. "He's not only singing, he's marrying us. He totally is, he's done it before with people," Kelly said.
Kelly apparently chose Shelton because he played a big role in her relationship with fiance Brandon Blackstock. "I told Brandon, man, you need to grow up and figure out that you need to marry this girl. I am going on the record saying, I will do the music at the wedding or whatever you want to do, I'll be that guy. I will play for four hours if I have to, cause you need to get your head out of your ass and ask that girl to marry you," Shelton said in December.
Brandon is the son of Clarkson's manager, Narvel Blackstock, who got married with country music legend Reba McEntire. Reba and Kelly became friends after they performed a song together on "American Idol" in 2002. Later in 2007, Kelly joined Blackstock's management company Starstruck Entertainment.
Clarkson announced her engagement to Brandon via Twitter on December 15. "I'M ENGAGED!!!!! I wanted y'all to know!! Happiest night of my life last night! I am so lucky and am with the greatest man ever," she wrote. She tweeted again later, "Everyone has been asking about my engagement ring. It's a yellow canary diamond with diamonds around it and Brandon designed it with Johnathon Arndt! They did an amazing job! I can't wait to make Brandon's ring with Johnathon as well!"
More Blake Shelton News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son