Blake Shelton to Officiate Kelly Clarkson's Wedding
Blake Shelton will perform at and officiate Kelly Clarkson's wedding. The "A Moment Like This" singer revealed the news to Entertainment Tonight's Nancy O'Dell at ACM Awards on Sunday, April 7. "He's not only singing, he's marrying us. He totally is, he's done it before with people," Kelly said.
Kelly apparently chose Shelton because he played a big role in her relationship with fiance Brandon Blackstock. "I told Brandon, man, you need to grow up and figure out that you need to marry this girl. I am going on the record saying, I will do the music at the wedding or whatever you want to do, I'll be that guy. I will play for four hours if I have to, cause you need to get your head out of your ass and ask that girl to marry you," Shelton said in December.
Brandon is the son of Clarkson's manager, Narvel Blackstock, who got married with country music legend Reba McEntire. Reba and Kelly became friends after they performed a song together on "American Idol" in 2002. Later in 2007, Kelly joined Blackstock's management company Starstruck Entertainment.
Clarkson announced her engagement to Brandon via Twitter on December 15. "I'M ENGAGED!!!!! I wanted y'all to know!! Happiest night of my life last night! I am so lucky and am with the greatest man ever," she wrote. She tweeted again later, "Everyone has been asking about my engagement ring. It's a yellow canary diamond with diamonds around it and Brandon designed it with Johnathon Arndt! They did an amazing job! I can't wait to make Brandon's ring with Johnathon as well!"
More Blake Shelton News
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up