'The Glee Project' Is Canceled After Two Seasons
"The Glee Project" reportedly will not return for a third season. TVLine learns from sources that Oxygen won't order a new season of the reality show due to several reasons, including low ratings and the fact that the mother show, "Glee", hasn't been renewed yet by FOX.
Each season of the reality talent show featured singing, dancing and acting hopefuls competing for a role on "Glee". Season 2 winner Blake Jenner plays new character Ryder in season 4 of the musical drama series, while Samuel Larsen and Alex Newell of "Glee Project" season 1 are still appearing on the current season of "Glee".
Oxygen has neither confirmed nor denied report of the "Glee Project" cancellation. Other sources tell E! News that no decision has been made on the show. Meanwhile, negotiations between Fox and 20th TV to bring "Glee" back for a fifth season are still ongoing.
On the other hand, the network has given a new season order for "The Face". "We are excited to get back on the catwalk for season two as we bring in a few new twists along the way," says Oxygen Media's Rod Aissa.
"The Face brings a unique and authentic look into the modelling industry, along with our supermodel coaches and contestants delivering the passion, fashion, competition and drama that our audience was captivated by," she adds.
The second season "will up the stakes with announcements forthcoming." However, it's unclear whether judges Naomi Campbell, Karolina Kurkova and Coca Rocha as well as host Nigel Barker will all return for the new installment.
UPDATE: After this article was published, an Oxygen spokesperson says that "The Glee Project" is simply on hold pending FOX's decision on "Glee". The rep tells TheWrap, "What TVLine reported was speculation. 'The Glee Project' has not been cancelled."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture