Kaya Scodelario to Lead 'The Maze Runner'
Fox's "The Maze Runner" has found its female lead. Actress Kaya Scodelario is now confirmed to join the cast ensemble of the film, which is adapted from James Dashner's novel of the same name. Kaya will play Teresa, who has telepathic powers.
Produced by The Gotham Group and overseen by Peter Kang and Daria Cercek at the studio, the film is a post-apocalyptic tale about a group of boys trapped in an enormous maze who seek their freedom. Noah Oppenheim wrote the first draft of the script, but later Grant Myers replaced him to write the next draft.
The cast ensemble includes all British members, including Aml Ameen as Alby, the strict leader of the Gladers, Will Poulter as Gally, Thomas' nemesis, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Newt. The film will begin its production on May 1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It is reported that Kaya has started rehearsing. The film is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2014.
Among her works, Kaya is best known for her role as troubled teenager named Effy on "Skins". She has also received critical acclaims for her roles in Andrea Arnold's "Wuthering Heights" as well as this year's Sundance pic "Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes".
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion