Kaya Scodelario to Lead 'The Maze Runner'
Fox's "The Maze Runner" has found its female lead. Actress Kaya Scodelario is now confirmed to join the cast ensemble of the film, which is adapted from James Dashner's novel of the same name. Kaya will play Teresa, who has telepathic powers.
Produced by The Gotham Group and overseen by Peter Kang and Daria Cercek at the studio, the film is a post-apocalyptic tale about a group of boys trapped in an enormous maze who seek their freedom. Noah Oppenheim wrote the first draft of the script, but later Grant Myers replaced him to write the next draft.
The cast ensemble includes all British members, including Aml Ameen as Alby, the strict leader of the Gladers, Will Poulter as Gally, Thomas' nemesis, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Newt. The film will begin its production on May 1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It is reported that Kaya has started rehearsing. The film is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2014.
Among her works, Kaya is best known for her role as troubled teenager named Effy on "Skins". She has also received critical acclaims for her roles in Andrea Arnold's "Wuthering Heights" as well as this year's Sundance pic "Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes".
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video