Kaya Scodelario to Lead 'The Maze Runner'
Fox's "The Maze Runner" has found its female lead. Actress Kaya Scodelario is now confirmed to join the cast ensemble of the film, which is adapted from James Dashner's novel of the same name. Kaya will play Teresa, who has telepathic powers.
Produced by The Gotham Group and overseen by Peter Kang and Daria Cercek at the studio, the film is a post-apocalyptic tale about a group of boys trapped in an enormous maze who seek their freedom. Noah Oppenheim wrote the first draft of the script, but later Grant Myers replaced him to write the next draft.
The cast ensemble includes all British members, including Aml Ameen as Alby, the strict leader of the Gladers, Will Poulter as Gally, Thomas' nemesis, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Newt. The film will begin its production on May 1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It is reported that Kaya has started rehearsing. The film is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2014.
Among her works, Kaya is best known for her role as troubled teenager named Effy on "Skins". She has also received critical acclaims for her roles in Andrea Arnold's "Wuthering Heights" as well as this year's Sundance pic "Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes".
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'