Kaya Scodelario to Lead 'The Maze Runner'
Fox's "The Maze Runner" has found its female lead. Actress Kaya Scodelario is now confirmed to join the cast ensemble of the film, which is adapted from James Dashner's novel of the same name. Kaya will play Teresa, who has telepathic powers.
Produced by The Gotham Group and overseen by Peter Kang and Daria Cercek at the studio, the film is a post-apocalyptic tale about a group of boys trapped in an enormous maze who seek their freedom. Noah Oppenheim wrote the first draft of the script, but later Grant Myers replaced him to write the next draft.
The cast ensemble includes all British members, including Aml Ameen as Alby, the strict leader of the Gladers, Will Poulter as Gally, Thomas' nemesis, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Newt. The film will begin its production on May 1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It is reported that Kaya has started rehearsing. The film is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2014.
Among her works, Kaya is best known for her role as troubled teenager named Effy on "Skins". She has also received critical acclaims for her roles in Andrea Arnold's "Wuthering Heights" as well as this year's Sundance pic "Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes".
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding