Kaya Scodelario to Lead 'The Maze Runner'
Fox's "The Maze Runner" has found its female lead. Actress Kaya Scodelario is now confirmed to join the cast ensemble of the film, which is adapted from James Dashner's novel of the same name. Kaya will play Teresa, who has telepathic powers.
Produced by The Gotham Group and overseen by Peter Kang and Daria Cercek at the studio, the film is a post-apocalyptic tale about a group of boys trapped in an enormous maze who seek their freedom. Noah Oppenheim wrote the first draft of the script, but later Grant Myers replaced him to write the next draft.
The cast ensemble includes all British members, including Aml Ameen as Alby, the strict leader of the Gladers, Will Poulter as Gally, Thomas' nemesis, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Newt. The film will begin its production on May 1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It is reported that Kaya has started rehearsing. The film is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2014.
Among her works, Kaya is best known for her role as troubled teenager named Effy on "Skins". She has also received critical acclaims for her roles in Andrea Arnold's "Wuthering Heights" as well as this year's Sundance pic "Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes".
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl