Melissa McCarthy Takes a Tumble on 'Saturday Night Live'
When she hosted "Saturday Night Live" for the second time on Saturday, April 6, Melissa McCarthy decided to go with a pair of platform heels without practicing to walk in them first. The "Bridesmaids" actress entered the stage in a pair of red towering heels and stumbled the entire way down the stairs. She grabbed a chair and held on it before she fell on the floor.
Melissa didn't say whether it was a real incident or not, but viewers agreed the actress did it on purpose. Melissa said, "They told me, 'Make sure you practice in your shoes.' I said, 'What, I live in heels!' But I don't do that. That was not honest. I'm primarily in a Croc." The 42-year-old comedienne jokingly added, "I just really wanted to get all gussied up for you guys. Wow, I can't feel anything from my arch to my toes. You could just bite that half off."
Melissa then went on to spoof the firing of Rutgers University's men's basketball coach Mike Rice, who was caught on a video beating up his student athletes during practices. She played a women's basketball coach at Middle Delaware State, Shelia Kelly, who threatened her team with insult such as, "Yeah I threw a toaster at you, 'cause you're toast!"
Later, she spoofed "The Voice". In the skit, she appeared as a contestant who sang "Don't Mess with My Tutu". While she sang horribly, the four judges (Bill Hader as Adam Levine, Jay Pharoah as Usher, Kate McKinnon as Shakira, and Jason Sudeikis as Blake Shelton) praised her and said they would want to work with her. In the end, Melissa chose to work with a judge who's not on the show anymore, Cee-Lo Green.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab