Snoop Dogg Doesn't Think Frank Ocean Changes Homophobia in Hip-Hop Community
Snoop Dogg shared his thoughts on same-sex marriage. Despite people's growing support towards LGBT community throughout the past few years, he's skeptical that those in rap industry would soon develop the same tolerance as others outside the rap circle because it's a macho world largely dominated by men.
When asked if Frank Ocean, who admitted he loved a man, was not a sign of the Hip-Hop world's acceptance, the newly-introduced Snoop Lion said, "Frank Ocean ain't no rapper. He's a singer. It's acceptable in the singing world, but in the rap world I don't know if it will ever be acceptable because rap is so masculine."
The rapper-turned-reggae artist added in an interview with the Guardian, "It's like a football team. You can't be in a locker room full of motherf***ing tough-a** dudes, then all of a sudden say, 'Hey, man, I like you.' You know, that's going to be tough," he said.
Despite his thought that the Hip-Hop community wouldn't accept same-sex relationship, Snoop insisted he didn't have issues with gay couples. "I don't have a problem with gay people. I got some gay homies," he said.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake