Snoop Dogg Doesn't Think Frank Ocean Changes Homophobia in Hip-Hop Community
Snoop Dogg shared his thoughts on same-sex marriage. Despite people's growing support towards LGBT community throughout the past few years, he's skeptical that those in rap industry would soon develop the same tolerance as others outside the rap circle because it's a macho world largely dominated by men.
When asked if Frank Ocean, who admitted he loved a man, was not a sign of the Hip-Hop world's acceptance, the newly-introduced Snoop Lion said, "Frank Ocean ain't no rapper. He's a singer. It's acceptable in the singing world, but in the rap world I don't know if it will ever be acceptable because rap is so masculine."
The rapper-turned-reggae artist added in an interview with the Guardian, "It's like a football team. You can't be in a locker room full of motherf***ing tough-a** dudes, then all of a sudden say, 'Hey, man, I like you.' You know, that's going to be tough," he said.
Despite his thought that the Hip-Hop community wouldn't accept same-sex relationship, Snoop insisted he didn't have issues with gay couples. "I don't have a problem with gay people. I got some gay homies," he said.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!