Snoop Dogg Doesn't Think Frank Ocean Changes Homophobia in Hip-Hop Community
Snoop Dogg shared his thoughts on same-sex marriage. Despite people's growing support towards LGBT community throughout the past few years, he's skeptical that those in rap industry would soon develop the same tolerance as others outside the rap circle because it's a macho world largely dominated by men.
When asked if Frank Ocean, who admitted he loved a man, was not a sign of the Hip-Hop world's acceptance, the newly-introduced Snoop Lion said, "Frank Ocean ain't no rapper. He's a singer. It's acceptable in the singing world, but in the rap world I don't know if it will ever be acceptable because rap is so masculine."
The rapper-turned-reggae artist added in an interview with the Guardian, "It's like a football team. You can't be in a locker room full of motherf***ing tough-a** dudes, then all of a sudden say, 'Hey, man, I like you.' You know, that's going to be tough," he said.
Despite his thought that the Hip-Hop community wouldn't accept same-sex relationship, Snoop insisted he didn't have issues with gay couples. "I don't have a problem with gay people. I got some gay homies," he said.
More Snoop Dogg News
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2