Snoop Dogg Doesn't Think Frank Ocean Changes Homophobia in Hip-Hop Community
Snoop Dogg shared his thoughts on same-sex marriage. Despite people's growing support towards LGBT community throughout the past few years, he's skeptical that those in rap industry would soon develop the same tolerance as others outside the rap circle because it's a macho world largely dominated by men.
When asked if Frank Ocean, who admitted he loved a man, was not a sign of the Hip-Hop world's acceptance, the newly-introduced Snoop Lion said, "Frank Ocean ain't no rapper. He's a singer. It's acceptable in the singing world, but in the rap world I don't know if it will ever be acceptable because rap is so masculine."
The rapper-turned-reggae artist added in an interview with the Guardian, "It's like a football team. You can't be in a locker room full of motherf***ing tough-a** dudes, then all of a sudden say, 'Hey, man, I like you.' You know, that's going to be tough," he said.
Despite his thought that the Hip-Hop community wouldn't accept same-sex relationship, Snoop insisted he didn't have issues with gay couples. "I don't have a problem with gay people. I got some gay homies," he said.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard