Joss Whedon's 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' TV Series Gets Official Title and Synopsis
ABC's new series focusing on Marvel's worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. has got its official title. From Joss Whedon ("The Avengers"), Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen ("Dollhouse"), Jeffrey Bell ("Angel", "Alias") and Jeph Loeb ("Smallville", "Lost", "Heroes") comes Marvel's first live-action TV series, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.".
In its press release, the network also reveals the plot along with the confirmed lead cast. Agent Phil Coulson will be brought from his apparent death in "The Avengers" to "put together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven't been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown." Clark Gregg will reprise his role as Coulson.
His A-team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge).
Those "very human, non-powered" S.H.I.E.L.D agents will solve cases in "a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual" with a help from civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye. "Nashville" actress Chloe Bennet is tapped for the role. She is described as "bubbly and goofy" but "also warm, edgy and witty."
Premiere date for the series hasn't been announced.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton