Garth Brooks and George Strait Pay Tribute to Dick Clark at 2013 ACM Awards
Country music hall of famers Garth Brooks and George Strait teamed up for the first time during the April 7 Academy of Country Music Awards held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Their memorable performance of "The Dance" and "The Cowboy Rides Away" was done in honor of the late great TV and radio personality Dick Clark, longtime producer of the ACM Awards.
Brooks and Strait were personally contacted by Clark's son R.A. to ask them to perform in the special tribute. "I personally reached out with handwritten notes to both guys. I've been thinking about this over the last year since my father passed away," revealed R.A., as he took the reins of executive producer of the show from his father who was deeply regarded by the whole entertainment industry.
"Who better to honor my father than these two guys who are the reigning artists of the decade?" R.A. thought as he reached out to the two country superstars. The result was an epic duet where neither of the two A-listers tried to take the spotlight and just simply focused it all on the beloved industry icon, for which they were much appreciated by the audience who all gave a standing ovation.
Apart from the special duet, the ACMs, as announced by country diva Reba McEntire, further honored Clark by naming its Artist of the Decade Award after him, something that both Brooks and Strait have received in the past. The said award was renamed the Dick Clark Artist of the Decade Award in honor of their much-loved former producer.
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character
- Kevin Hart Denies Cheating Accusations: 'It's Absolutely Not True'
- SyFy's Krypton First Epic Teaser Trailer Is Here!
- Comic-Con: 'Doctor Doom' Solo Movie in the Works From 'Legion' Creator
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Listen to Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha's Emotional Duet 'Back to You'