Selena Gomez Premieres 'Come and Get It' Early, Crashes Ryan Seacrest's Website
Young pop star Selena Gomez was supposed to premiere her new single "Come & Get It" on April 8 but was forced to release it earlier on Saturday, April 6 when the song got leaked online. Instead of debuting it on Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Monday, the 20-year-old singer decided to make the track available on the popular "American Idol" host's website.
Apparently, the new single was so heavily anticipated by Gomez's fans and followers that it crashed Seacrest's website. The "Rule the World" singer had posted a short half-a-minute clip addressing the leak and announcing the posting of the official version on the TV/radio host's website, prompting her hordes of fans to crash it in the process.
"I'm actually kind of excited because you can finally hear it!" Gomez said in her video message, noticeably taking the online leak all in stride. She just prompted her millions of eagerly-awaiting listeners to catch the Indian music-inspired new tune and purchase it on iTunes.
"Come & Get It" comes almost a month after the singer/actress released her breakup song "Rule the World", reportedly about her split up with superstar boyfriend Justin Bieber. She's also coming off the successful run of her image-altering indie flick "Spring Breakers" with Vanessa Hudgens and James Franco.
More Selena Gomez News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers