Selena Gomez Premieres 'Come and Get It' Early, Crashes Ryan Seacrest's Website
Young pop star Selena Gomez was supposed to premiere her new single "Come & Get It" on April 8 but was forced to release it earlier on Saturday, April 6 when the song got leaked online. Instead of debuting it on Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Monday, the 20-year-old singer decided to make the track available on the popular "American Idol" host's website.
Apparently, the new single was so heavily anticipated by Gomez's fans and followers that it crashed Seacrest's website. The "Rule the World" singer had posted a short half-a-minute clip addressing the leak and announcing the posting of the official version on the TV/radio host's website, prompting her hordes of fans to crash it in the process.
"I'm actually kind of excited because you can finally hear it!" Gomez said in her video message, noticeably taking the online leak all in stride. She just prompted her millions of eagerly-awaiting listeners to catch the Indian music-inspired new tune and purchase it on iTunes.
"Come & Get It" comes almost a month after the singer/actress released her breakup song "Rule the World", reportedly about her split up with superstar boyfriend Justin Bieber. She's also coming off the successful run of her image-altering indie flick "Spring Breakers" with Vanessa Hudgens and James Franco.
More Selena Gomez News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked