Selena Gomez Premieres 'Come and Get It' Early, Crashes Ryan Seacrest's Website
Young pop star Selena Gomez was supposed to premiere her new single "Come & Get It" on April 8 but was forced to release it earlier on Saturday, April 6 when the song got leaked online. Instead of debuting it on Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Monday, the 20-year-old singer decided to make the track available on the popular "American Idol" host's website.
Apparently, the new single was so heavily anticipated by Gomez's fans and followers that it crashed Seacrest's website. The "Rule the World" singer had posted a short half-a-minute clip addressing the leak and announcing the posting of the official version on the TV/radio host's website, prompting her hordes of fans to crash it in the process.
"I'm actually kind of excited because you can finally hear it!" Gomez said in her video message, noticeably taking the online leak all in stride. She just prompted her millions of eagerly-awaiting listeners to catch the Indian music-inspired new tune and purchase it on iTunes.
"Come & Get It" comes almost a month after the singer/actress released her breakup song "Rule the World", reportedly about her split up with superstar boyfriend Justin Bieber. She's also coming off the successful run of her image-altering indie flick "Spring Breakers" with Vanessa Hudgens and James Franco.
More Selena Gomez News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective