Tom Arnold Becomes a First-Time Dad at 54
Tom Arnold is officially a dad. A representative for the 54-year-old actor told PEOPLE that Tom's wife, Ashley Groussman, gave birth to a baby boy on Saturday, April 6. The baby was named Jax Copeland Arnold and weighed in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces, and measured 21 inches long.
"We are still in a bit of shock," the new dad told the site. "It has been a long journey and the healthy birth of our son is a miracle." The actor also took to Twitter to share the happy news and joke about becoming a first-time dad at such a late age. "Game Changer: Jax Copeland Arnold. 8lbs 12oz. Looking forward to being a 70 year old Little League Coach," he wrote.
Tom revealed to public that his wife was pregnant back in January, when he co-hosted "The View". "I'm pregnant. I have put on, like, 40 pounds. My wife is pregnant too. We're having a baby," he said at that time.
The actor, who tied the knot with Ashley in 2009, didn't have any child from his former marriages to Roseanne Barr, Julie Lynn Champnella and Shelby Roos. The "True Lies" actor struggled with infertility for years.
In 2011, they consulted with fertility doctors and later went through several rounds of in vitro fertilization, and it succeeded. "I didn't think it was in the cards for me, to be honest, and so I was completely shocked," he added. "It's a miracle."
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo