Tom Arnold Becomes a First-Time Dad at 54
Tom Arnold is officially a dad. A representative for the 54-year-old actor told PEOPLE that Tom's wife, Ashley Groussman, gave birth to a baby boy on Saturday, April 6. The baby was named Jax Copeland Arnold and weighed in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces, and measured 21 inches long.
"We are still in a bit of shock," the new dad told the site. "It has been a long journey and the healthy birth of our son is a miracle." The actor also took to Twitter to share the happy news and joke about becoming a first-time dad at such a late age. "Game Changer: Jax Copeland Arnold. 8lbs 12oz. Looking forward to being a 70 year old Little League Coach," he wrote.
Tom revealed to public that his wife was pregnant back in January, when he co-hosted "The View". "I'm pregnant. I have put on, like, 40 pounds. My wife is pregnant too. We're having a baby," he said at that time.
The actor, who tied the knot with Ashley in 2009, didn't have any child from his former marriages to Roseanne Barr, Julie Lynn Champnella and Shelby Roos. The "True Lies" actor struggled with infertility for years.
In 2011, they consulted with fertility doctors and later went through several rounds of in vitro fertilization, and it succeeded. "I didn't think it was in the cards for me, to be honest, and so I was completely shocked," he added. "It's a miracle."
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?