Tom Arnold Becomes a First-Time Dad at 54
Tom Arnold is officially a dad. A representative for the 54-year-old actor told PEOPLE that Tom's wife, Ashley Groussman, gave birth to a baby boy on Saturday, April 6. The baby was named Jax Copeland Arnold and weighed in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces, and measured 21 inches long.
"We are still in a bit of shock," the new dad told the site. "It has been a long journey and the healthy birth of our son is a miracle." The actor also took to Twitter to share the happy news and joke about becoming a first-time dad at such a late age. "Game Changer: Jax Copeland Arnold. 8lbs 12oz. Looking forward to being a 70 year old Little League Coach," he wrote.
Tom revealed to public that his wife was pregnant back in January, when he co-hosted "The View". "I'm pregnant. I have put on, like, 40 pounds. My wife is pregnant too. We're having a baby," he said at that time.
The actor, who tied the knot with Ashley in 2009, didn't have any child from his former marriages to Roseanne Barr, Julie Lynn Champnella and Shelby Roos. The "True Lies" actor struggled with infertility for years.
In 2011, they consulted with fertility doctors and later went through several rounds of in vitro fertilization, and it succeeded. "I didn't think it was in the cards for me, to be honest, and so I was completely shocked," he added. "It's a miracle."
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split