Kathy Griffin Confirms Her Talk Show Has Been Canceled by Bravo
Kathy Griffin beat Bravo to announce that her late-night show wouldn't be renewed after two seasons. She broke the news during a stand-up show in Cincinnati on Friday, April 5 after being informed about the cancellation by bosses at the TV network a day before.
According to Cincinnati Enquirer, the crowd watching Kathy's standup act at the Taft Theatre booed when the news was delivered. The red-haired host, however, made light of the cancellation news as she joked about predicting the demise of Bravo.
The "Kathy" host then took it to Twitter Saturday to confirm the news. "Sad but tru," so she wrote. "Appreciate your kind words, PH," in response to Perez Hilton's comment. The celebrity blogger called the cancellation "SUCH a bummer."
Earlier before the cancellation was revealed, rumors suggested that Kathy and her best buddy Anderson Cooper, who coincidentally also had his CNN show axed at the end of its season 2, were tapped to film a pilot for a new hour-long show.
Kathy and Anderson are regular hosts for CNN's annual New Year's Eve special. She has also visited his "Anderson Live" several times.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris