Kathy Griffin Confirms Her Talk Show Has Been Canceled by Bravo
Kathy Griffin beat Bravo to announce that her late-night show wouldn't be renewed after two seasons. She broke the news during a stand-up show in Cincinnati on Friday, April 5 after being informed about the cancellation by bosses at the TV network a day before.
According to Cincinnati Enquirer, the crowd watching Kathy's standup act at the Taft Theatre booed when the news was delivered. The red-haired host, however, made light of the cancellation news as she joked about predicting the demise of Bravo.
The "Kathy" host then took it to Twitter Saturday to confirm the news. "Sad but tru," so she wrote. "Appreciate your kind words, PH," in response to Perez Hilton's comment. The celebrity blogger called the cancellation "SUCH a bummer."
Earlier before the cancellation was revealed, rumors suggested that Kathy and her best buddy Anderson Cooper, who coincidentally also had his CNN show axed at the end of its season 2, were tapped to film a pilot for a new hour-long show.
Kathy and Anderson are regular hosts for CNN's annual New Year's Eve special. She has also visited his "Anderson Live" several times.
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring