Kathy Griffin Confirms Her Talk Show Has Been Canceled by Bravo
Kathy Griffin beat Bravo to announce that her late-night show wouldn't be renewed after two seasons. She broke the news during a stand-up show in Cincinnati on Friday, April 5 after being informed about the cancellation by bosses at the TV network a day before.
According to Cincinnati Enquirer, the crowd watching Kathy's standup act at the Taft Theatre booed when the news was delivered. The red-haired host, however, made light of the cancellation news as she joked about predicting the demise of Bravo.
The "Kathy" host then took it to Twitter Saturday to confirm the news. "Sad but tru," so she wrote. "Appreciate your kind words, PH," in response to Perez Hilton's comment. The celebrity blogger called the cancellation "SUCH a bummer."
Earlier before the cancellation was revealed, rumors suggested that Kathy and her best buddy Anderson Cooper, who coincidentally also had his CNN show axed at the end of its season 2, were tapped to film a pilot for a new hour-long show.
Kathy and Anderson are regular hosts for CNN's annual New Year's Eve special. She has also visited his "Anderson Live" several times.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'